ADVERTISEMENT

You have to go get Oats now

HagginHall1999

All-American
Oct 19, 2018
As great as the story would be to get Billy D you simply cannot wait. If we were willing to pony up to get Hurley then you can leverage that same money to buy out oats and give him a nice raise as well. He is young and hungry as everybody knows and he finally proved it by advancing on the court this year. We simply cannot go get a guy like Bruce Pearl or any of the others that are floating around and waste time.

If you don't go get him you are going to have to gamble on a guy like Golden proving himself big picture. Or you go back to the Pitino well.

This is the right pivot after Hurley. I'd go to Nate Oats next, offer him the same 11mil, work out something with the Buyout, and that's a win if you get him. He's on almost everyone's top3. He's still relatively young, he coaches a pro offense. I think he's a better get than Donovan.. and we can STILL go after Donovan tomorrow if Oats turns us down.

As great as the story would be to get Billy D you simply cannot wait. If we were willing to pony up to get Hurley then you can leverage that same money to buy out oats and give him a nice raise as well. He is young and hungry as everybody knows and he finally proved it by advancing on the court this year. We simply cannot go get a guy like Bruce Pearl or any of the others that are floating around and waste time.

If you don't go get him you are going to have to gamble on a guy like Golden proving himself big picture. Or you go back to the Pitino well.
Not sure why nothing has been happening there. Having Barnhart lead this is not good.

I think there is more to Nate’s personal situation that is keeping him from coming.

This is the right pivot after Hurley. I'd go to Nate Oats next, offer him the same 11mil, work out something with the Buyout, and that's a win if you get him. He's on almost everyone's top3. He's still relatively young, he coaches a pro offense. I think he's a better get than Donovan.. and we can STILL go after Donovan tomorrow if Oats turns us down.
I have Oats edging out Donovan on my list as well. Younger and hungrier. We would know his motivations. I can't say the same for Donovan after being gone a decade and losing his job.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
P
seth meyers no GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Tuscaloosa to Lexington is just 7 hours of a drive. Which means a 45 min plane right. I find these excuses of family matters to be odd. You're not moving across the globe. You're about to make several million more to coach at a premier school. You turn that down because of a divorce you're going through, or because your wife likes it where you live now? IDK.

Have an official discussion with Oats .. or at least see if the AD was fighting to try to keep him . I'd say we will never know the truth of the inside deals/offers etc . But I'm wanting a coach to get back on track !

Hire is gonna have to be Donovan. We will suck next year.
We know he's your guy, but how is Donovan gonna put together a team? It could be a while before he even takes the job. Look, I'm prepared to take next year as a wash no matter who it is. But you can't say we're gonna suck next year, while at the same time saying get Donovan a couple weeks from now. You know?

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
We know he's your guy, but how is Donovan gonna put together a team? It could be a while before he even takes the job. Look, I'm prepared to take next year as a wash no matter who not is. But you can't say we're gonna suck next year, while at the same time saying get Donovan a couple weeks from now. You know?
I said we are gonna suck next year if we get Donovan. He wont be able to field a good team. But we might just have to eat a down year.

Tuscaloosa to Lexington is just 7 hours of a drive. Which means a 45 min plane right. I find these excuses of family matters to be odd. You're not moving across the globe. You're about to make several million more to coach at a premier school. You turn that down because of a divorce you're going through, or because your wife likes it where you live now? IDK.
Alimony

Because Mitch is probably praying (for the first time) that god changes pastor Drew’s mind and gets Mitch his boyfriend here in lex. Hear he’s holding out hope on the Dudley’s reservation this Friday 8 pm.
Enough of the nonsense. Mitch isn't gay, he just happens to have a strong Christian faith as does Drew. And he wouldn't be praying that Drew's mind is changed. He's doing all the right things. Do you realize how many coaches there are in America, and how many of them could coach circles around Calipari? Have patience, enjoy the journey. Before this program can get back to being the UK we all knew years ago, it has to heal. Before the healing process can begin, the sickness must be purged. That's already started.

Some say he's having a custody thing with ex and has to stay in Bama but don't know if it's true or not.
This is true. I don't think he is an option, not because of the buyout but because of the personal stuff

Reactions: track42

Dude, he could lose custody completely.

Enough of the nonsense. Mitch isn't gay, he just happens to have a strong Christian faith as does Drew. And he wouldn't be praying that Drew's mind is changed. He's doing all the right things. Do you realize how many coaches there are in America, and how many of them could coach circles around Calipari? Have patience, enjoy the journey. Before this program can get back to being the UK we all knew years ago, it has to heal. Before the healing process can begin, the sickness must be purged. That's already started.
Obviously he isn’t, but his fascination for pastor Drew is unmatched.

Is a kid more important than #9? A title lasts forever. The average human lifespan is 85.

I just feel like he's not the first person in the history of divorce who got a new job in another state. So what happens if Oats were to get fired from Alabama.. he's only gonna coach within the state for the next 18 years?

Reactions: RondosRevengeTour
Drew has great character, and works to instill that in his players. Unlike the coach that just left, that hid is players to protect their draft status or feelings, and encouraged lackadaisical and "safe" play for the sake reason.
Agree, pastor Scott over cal all day. You could go down to Scottie Davenport even if you’re just looking for a better coach. We need someone who is ready for all the job entails.

e0b604d569dfaa70693953f5cad359c8.gif

I'd take him now. The reality is we need someone to turn it around NOW. Even if he is here 2-3 years, so be it. Sign him to a 2-3 year contract. Let some of these younger coaches prove themselves more. We cannot just settle for not having a roster or competitive team next year.

Reactions: Catfan2226
I just feel like he's not the first person in the history of divorce who got a new job in another state. So what happens if Oats were to get fired from Alabama.. he's only gonna coach within the state for the next 18 years?
Agreed, and if the judicial system was fair and honest they would determine the commonwealth is a better place to raise kids then down in Alabama.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT