ADVERTISEMENT

Yikes — Terrence Shannon

As a KU fan, I’m so sick of hearing this shit around athletics at our school. Know he wasn’t a Jayhawk or with our players or whatever but still tired of this look around the University.
Well, stop supporting Bill Self who literally recruited Arterio Morris AFTER he was charged with battering his girlfriend, and who stonewalled any punishment for women abusers Sherron Collins, LaGerald Vick, Carlton Bragg, Josh Jackson, the four unnamed players who reportedly watched a rape in the players' dorm, and on and on.

Last edited:
Well, stop supporting Bill Self who literally recruited Arterio Morris AFTER he was charged with battering his girlfriend, and who stonewalled any punishment for LaGerald Vick, Carlton Bragg, Josh Jackson, Silvio DeSousa and on and on.
Lol this is always your response when I post. Like the 5th time. I’ll support KU hoops no matter what. If it comes out that Bill was promoting this environment I’ll be the first to agree with you and call for his job. Usually in these situations it’s an entire culture of the university.

I was at Vandy during the football rape scandal which was horrible and it most certainly did not just fall on one person.

The AD should be the first to be looked at imo, but KU just hired a new one recently after all the Vick/Jackson/Bragg crap. Football has had its fair share of issues as well that aren’t as public.

The university as a whole needs to do some serious and transparent investigations before I’m willing to chalk it up as just Bill Self.

To the recruiting Arterio part, completely agree. He shouldn’t have been a jayhawk. Not defending that one. Shocking though how many kids are willing to throw away their futures to this stuff.

Lol this is always your response when I post. Like the 5th time. I’ll support KU hoops no matter what. If it comes out that Bill was promoting this environment I’ll be the first to agree with you and call for his job. Usually in these situations it’s an entire culture of the university.

I was at Vandy during the football rape scandal which was horrible and it most certainly did not just fall on one person.

The AD should be the first to be looked at imo, but KU just hired a new one recently after all the Vick/Jackson/Bragg crap. Football has had its fair share of issues as well that aren’t as public.

The university as a whole needs to do some serious and transparent investigations before I’m willing to chalk it up as just Bill Self.

To the recruiting Arterio part, completely agree. He shouldn’t have been a jayhawk. Not defending that one. Shocking though how many kids are willing to throw away their futures to this stuff.
All that said and Im glad the NCAA knocked 15 off your win total so that UK could assume its rightful spot atop the college basketball all time wins Mt.
And on my Birthday no less. It was a helluva birthday present let me tell you!

You seem like a good guy, so it pains me to say this, but you are suffering from a form of willful self-delusion.

You recognize that recruiting woman abuser Arterio Morris, who rapidly became accused rapist Arterio Morris was wrong. But somehow you believe the long string of other abusive bullies and women beaters who were recruited by Bill Self before him had nothing to do with Self's own lack of character.

That dog won't hunt. You think it is a coincidence that NO player under John Calipari has ever been charged with beating a woman or attacking someone in a bar or rape or whatever, but it happens on Self's teams over and over? What is the common denominator? The coach -- the character of the person recruiting the kids.

Last edited:

If it's NOT Bill Selfs problem.. then it's someone within the organization that has to go..

But it's hard to believe Self is innocent here and doesn't have some knowledge of the guys he's recruiting. If he shouldn't have recruited Arterio to begin with, and you've seen all these PAST players have these problems.. that should be very much looked into.

One would argue there's a pattern here.

I’ll give you credit in that you at least acknowledge it. There is no way Self doesn’t know about everything that’s happened all these years. He definitely stopped a lot of progress from them getting suspended, etc.. I can see being unlucky 1 or 2 times as you have a lot of players over the years. This is a pattern in who he recruits though. He needs to look for higher character kids. This obviously has no bearing on him, but it’s crazy nonetheless that it happened there again like this.

And omg do they hate us for some reason. Maybe the 1984 NCAA game? Or could it have been 1982 or 1983? All of the above?
A huge portion of the state likes KY better than UIUC. I lived there for 20 years and I hardly ever heard them on the radio in the southern part of the state. And Kentucky beat them a long time ago and in the '80s so there's some history of some of their best teams losing to UK.

Last edited:
As a KU fan, I’m so sick of hearing this shit around athletics at our school. Know he wasn’t a Jayhawk or with our players or whatever but still tired of this look around the University.
fans allow it. gave self a contract extension. people going to talk about until it changes

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I’ll give you credit in that you at least acknowledge it. There is no way Self doesn’t know about everything that’s happened all these years. He definitely stopped a lot of progress from them getting suspended, etc.. I can see being unlucky 1 or 2 times as you have a lot of players over the years. This is a pattern in who he recruits though. He needs to look for higher character kids. This obviously has no bearing on him, but it’s crazy nonetheless that it happened there again like this.
SOOOO much has gone on at KU over the years, if Self didn't know about it he worked really hard not to know. If he didn't know then he should have been removed long ago lack of control or complete failure to do his job

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
It’s sad because we do have a lot of high character kids—especially recently with the less highly touted guys that love the program and develop over 3-5 years. But some of these highly ranked freshman and now a transfer in Morris seem just come to KU and think the law shouldn’t apply to them.

Not sure if the press release from Illinois has been shared on here yet, but it looks very very bad for Shannon. It was noted by a commenter from Reddit that it’s not like the Matt Araiza situation where the “victim” filed a Civil suit. With Shannon, the Lawrence police have been investigating since September and (obviously) now feel they have the evidence to charge him. Super bleak stuff, just can’t imagine how you fumble the bag that freakin bad if true.

It’s sad because we do have a lot of high character kids—especially recently with the less highly touted guys that love the program and develop over 3-5 years. But some of these highly ranked freshman and now a transfer in Morris seem just come to KU and think the law shouldn’t apply to them.
I am sure there are quality kids in the program and it has to be tough on them and their families. On the other hand there have been so many high profile issues involving so many high profile individuals over the years it is astounding. KU has been able to go on with business as usual however, having 15 victories vacated doesn't qualify as a drop in the bucket. Conference titles, NCAA appearances, final 4's and media darlings while never being called to task how do you guys do it? You have played the victim card so many times the damn thing has to be worn out.

How does Shannon, a guy from hundreds of miles away, go to a football game in Lawrence and within hours end up entangled in an alleged rape?

Maybe he was with a friend who had connections in Lawrence. Like Kevin McCullar, now a star at Kansas but a close friend of Shannon when both played at Texas Tech a couple years ago.

Coincidence? I doubt it. McCullar would have been the first guy Shannon looked up in Lawrence -- his ex-teammate and buddy. Keep an eye on this case as the facts trickle out.

UPDATE: Self-described insiders on the Kansas board are aware that McCullar and Shannon were close friends. An unnamed "witness" is listed in the police report. Kansas fans are very nervous that McCullar is going to be dragged into this. Any link to Jailhawk basketball reinforces Self's reputation as the ringleader of a gang of sexual abusers and women beaters.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT