ADVERTISEMENT

Yahtzee. WR DeMarcus Harris commits to Kentucky

He’s 6-2, 170 and reportedly runs a 4.42 and is from Florida. DeMarcus had 43 catches for 1,001 yards and 11 scores in 2017. He is a three-star prospect at 247 Sports and the 150th-best wide receiver in the Class of 2019. He’s currently ranked #3 in the TCPalm Super 11 listing which is the list of the top 11 players on the Treasure Coast (Florida area between the Gold Coast and the Space Coast).

Justin Rowland says; He's a willing and capable blocker and is detail oriented in working on his craft in general. Harris has soft hands and can catch the ball away from his body or in the air after adjusting. He's also stronger than you might assume based on his physique.
Harris is also willing to go over the middle of the field where he presents a bigger target because of his ability to go up and catch the ball. He should project as a good route runner.

HUDL Highlights

Last edited:
He’s 6-2, 170 and reportedly runs a 4.42 and is from Florida. DeMarcus had 43 catches for 1,001 yards and 11 scores in 2017. He is a three-star prospect at 247 Sports and the 150th-best wide receiver in the Class of 2019. He’s currently ranked #3 in the TCPalm Super 11 listing which is the list of the top 11 players on the Treasure Coast (Florida area between the Gold Coast and the Space Coast).

Justin Rowland says; He's a willing and capable blocker and is detail oriented in working on his craft in general. Harris has soft hands and can catch the ball away from his body or in the air after adjusting. He's also stronger than you might assume based on his physique.
Harris is also willing to go over the middle of the field where he presents a bigger target because of his ability to go up and catch the ball. He should project as a good route runner.

HUDL Highlights

Well said.

Harris is also a January enrollee and will get a nice head start with spring practice.

HUDL Highlights
A willing and capable blocker at 170#, WOW

yes he's a little light @ 170 but
didn't see him get caught from behind.
looked under control running his route.
caught the ball with his hands/made it look easy.
strong legs often carried a tackler.
he makes an effort to block..... what they say a receiver needs to do.
Beats me... Welcome & Go get'em DeMarcus Harris.

I saw him play last year. He didn't do anything spectacular, but he had a little over 100 yards on 3 catches and a TD in the first half as his team was mercy ruling Orlando Olympia in the 1st round of the FHSAA Class 8A playoffs. They pretty much packed the passing game away and started subbing everyone in the 3rd. When I say Harris didn't do anything spectacular, I meant he just ran his routes, got open, and caught the football.

Reactions: dustarm20
I saw him play last year. He didn't do anything spectacular, but he had a little over 100 yards on 3 catches and a TD in the first half as his team was mercy ruling Orlando Olympia in the 1st round of the FHSAA Class 8A playoffs. They pretty much packed the passing game away and started subbing everyone in the 3rd. When I say Harris didn't do anything spectacular, I meant he just ran his routes, got open, and caught the football.
Wouldn't that be considered spectular at UK!!:football::football::joy::joy::joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::scream::scream:[banana][banana]:cool2::cool2:[roll][roll]

Reactions: pauled
If he can catch the ball then he is already better than anyone we already have.

HUDL Highlights
Thanks for the info RV2.

Reactions: Ky grandpa and RV2
I saw him again this year against Treasure Coast. He had 5 catches for 238 yards and 2 TD. In the two games I've watched him play, he has 8 catches for 352 yards and 3 TD, and he was only targeted 8 times.
That is some insane YPC.

Downplaying commits after what this staff did with Josh Allen makes zero sense.
It depends on the position. We have done really well developing LB's but have fallen way short with WR's since Stoops has been here.

I can't wait to get him on campus and see what the kid can do. You just don't put those kind of numbers up in Florida and suck.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
It depends on the position. We have done really well developing LB's but have fallen way short with WR's since Stoops has been here.
I disagree Badet a 5.5 3 star had 670 yards at over 20 ypc and Juice a 5.6 3 star ended up with over 1500 yards for his career. Bowden had 60 catches in his true sophomore season which in a run first offense ant bad. I do agree we havnt gotten many superstars but I think they perform about as well as can be expected.

I disagree Badet a 5.5 3 star had 670 yards at over 20 ypc and Juice a 5.6 3 star ended up with over 1500 yards for his career. Bowden had 60 catches in his true sophomore season which in a run first offense ant bad. I do agree we havnt gotten many superstars but I think they perform about as well as can be expected.
Juice was good but Badet probably had more drops than Baker and that's saying something. We haven't had many good WR's other than Bowden and Juice since Stoops has been here.

Reactions: mattrudd
Juice was good but Badet probably had more drops than Baker and that's saying something. We haven't had many good WR's other than Bowden and Juice since Stoops has been here.

Badet was a major key to our offense two years ago. He only had one major drop I can recall (ga) which was a killer. Otherwise he was lethal on pay action deep routes.

Way better than Baker

Reactions: Black Diamond Cat
Badet was a major key to our offense two years ago. He only had one major drop I can recall (ga) which was a killer. Otherwise he was lethal on pay action deep routes.

Way better than Baker
His speed is what opened up run lanes for Boom and Benny. D's had to respect his speed and play back for fear of getting beat deep but it seemed like he had a ton of drops. Probably explains why he's not in the NFL because he had all world speed.

I do agree we havnt gotten many superstars but I think they perform about as well as can be expected.
I don't expect the level/number of pass drops our WR's have had over the last couple years. I get sick of guys worrying about what will happen after the catch over looking the ball into their hands. They want to be stars more than doing just what is asked of them. Bouvier doesn't get many yards after catch but makes the catch better than anyone else.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT