ADVERTISEMENT

Would you rather...

Personally, if I was a young competitor, given one chance, I'd rather...

• Try to win the Triple Crown of Thoroughbred Racing in 2025.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

J_Dee

Junior
Mar 21, 2008
So if Nike ever got really bored, flew down to Earth from Mount Olympus, and temporarily gifted you all of the athletic skills, knowledge, and opportunities that are required to actually have a real shot of accomplishing one of the following three goals, which one would you choose?

I. Try to win the NCAA Championship as a starter during Coach Pope's first season.
II. Try to win a gold medal in the 2028 Summer Olympics (in any event of your choice).
III. Try to win the Triple Crown of Thoroughbred Racing in 2025.

I'm guessing Olympics gold will top Kentucky blue on the poll, but I could be completely wrong, because:

screen_shot_2012-12-19_at_10.27.53_am_grande_wide-f479644b58e87f4de396f348fc21d5a6df7dcf60.png

Go BBN! =D

I'm gonna assume I'm the horse owner, and in that case, I'm probably already pretty rich.. and winning the triple crown is only going to sky rocket my demand and clout within the horse racing industry.

Winning the triple crown almost should be seen as more of a Phelps/Ledecky/Miles situation.. it's far more of an accomplishment than winning a single gold medal.

I just realized that the wording is "try to win" so now idk. But I'd still rather be the owner of a triple crown horse than the other two, and it's probably not that close for me.

Reactions: J_Dee
Kentucky basketball.

Having a gold medal is cool. But none of the Olympic sports seem fun. Would be dull training for. And the question is "try". If I don't win medal, hard to think of that time and effort as well spent. Not like playing basketball for UK. Basketball is fun sport I do (well, did) on my own. Now get glory of just putting on jersey for six months. Be perfectly happy starting, contributing bench, or human victory cigar.

You could argue just participate in Olympic basketball. But, that sport doesn't have the panache in Olympics. If I do Olympics, I want it doing something depicted on a Greek vase.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT