ADVERTISEMENT

Would you rather pitch a Perfect Game or win a World Series?

Would you rather pitch a Perfect Game or win a World Series?

• Perfect Game (never win a ring)

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Win World Series as a Starter

Votes: 10 62.5%

• Total voters

HeismaNole

Sophomore
Nov 29, 2023
On a bit of a baseball movie kick lately watching Field of Dreams, For Love of the Game, and Moneyball on Peacock. It got me thinking what would be the more desired accomplishment?

Personally, I’d go with the Perfect Game. There’s been what? Only like 20 people to ever do that? Most times, people couldn’t tell you who won the World Series three years prior. So, I’d take an average career with one Perfect Game over a ring.

You?

In 150+ years of Major League Baseball (238,500+ games), a perfect game's only been achieved 24 times -- 22 since the modern era began in the early 1900s. Cy Young threw the first perfect game under modern rules, in the deadball era, in 1904.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cy_Young's_perfect_game

It's one of the rarest accomplishments in all of sports, so that's what I'd go with.

Last edited:
Reactions: HeismaNole
While pitching a perfect game is an awesome achievement only accomplished by a handful of people, winning a World Series is a feat that makes you praised by your teammates and your entire fan base.

iu

While pitching a perfect game is an awesome achievement only accomplished by a handful of people, winning a World Series is a feat that makes you praised by your teammates and your entire fan base.
Personally, I don't care about praise by others. Only from within, did I do well. Team success is very important to me.
Had the OP not said "you were a starter" for the WS, I would have easily said Perfect Game. If OP had said you won Game 7, or were WS MVP or something else that indicates might not have won the WS without you, then I would have easily said World Series. But just that you were a starter, but no info on how you did, to me puts it in that gray area. I might lean slightly to Perfect Game, and no WS doesn't mean your teams didn't have lots of success in your career (e.g. I think the Kelly Bills were very successful despite no SB win).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT