ADVERTISEMENT

Worst viewing experience I've ever had

gamecockcat

All-SEC
Oct 29, 2004
Commentators cut off in mid sentence for another block of the same 7 or 8 commercials. Sometimes, the block would repeat.

Maybe this was an isolated incident, but I never saw the long Davis TD run. After the miracle play, they cut to a double block of commercials, the feed sort of froze and when it came back, we were lining up for the PAT. For Davis' TD run.

It was a horrendous experience and I have definitely watched my last game live on ESPNU. Will seriously think hard about recording every game and blowing through the ads. I like watching it live, participating in the chat, etc. But last night was sheer torture.

I absolutely hate the new clock rules. Less football and even more commercials. Greed is killing college sports. I'm sure the tv providers played a big part in this rule change because many are turning away from live tv unless you are a sports fan so the tv companies are trying to make up for losses.

It wasn't ESPNU because I didn't have that happen, and nobody else has mentioned not seeing either of Davis's long touchdowns.

Were you streaming somewhere?

Reactions: K86 and ala_kat2
It wasn't ESPNU because I didn't have that happen, and nobody else has mentioned not seeing either of Davis's long touchdowns.

Were you streaming somewhere?
Sling in Denver. Maybe my Internet blinked but I missed probably 3-4 minutes of game time while watching 10-12 minutes of commercials. Agony

The only good thing, and it's not much, is that the weaker teams lack of depth is reduced as a problem.

I had to watch it streaming through spectrum/ espn. The stream would literally freeze on every snap and pick up again when the play was over. It was almost like it was timed to freeze at each play. Maddening. Gave up after the 1st half.

Reactions: gamecockcat
No problems here. Once Spectrum got their act together, I canceled my YOUTUBE TV trial and watch through cable. It might cost 10 dollars more, but it's worth it.

I agree. My internet hiccuped constantly in the third quarter, and I was about 2-3 minutes delayed even though it said I was "live." One of the problems with streaming. I was commenting on the game thread about our second down defense when we had already gotten the ball back and made some plays.
Same here, watched on my computer and was a minute or 2 behind

Reactions: gamecockcat
Just wait for BB season to start.

A good friend of mine works for the SEC at home games in Rupp and said they have added ANOTHER TV time out to SEC bb games this coming year.
Your friend misunderstood the rule change. The number of TV timeouts is the same.

What’s changed is they replaced the floating TV timeout with another defined TV timeout. Instead of having 4 defined and 1 floating TV timeout, the conference has the option of using 5 defined TV timeouts in the second half.

Either way, it’s still a total of 5 TV timeouts in the second half.

Your friend misunderstood the rule change. The number of TV timeouts is the same.

What’s changed is they replaced the floating TV timeout with another defined TV timeout. Instead of having 4 defined and 1 floating TV timeout, the conference has the option of using 5 defined TV timeouts in the second half.

Either way, it’s still a total of 5 TV timeouts in the second half.
OK

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT