ADVERTISEMENT

Worst pro sports fan base?

Cowboys, Eagles, and Patriots fans share a 3 way tie, IMO. I'm not sure who is worse out of those three.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
Cowboys, Eagles, and Patriots fans share a 3 way tie, IMO. I'm not sure who is worse out of those three.
I've been a Cowboys fan since 1970 and must admit there are numerous asshole 'Boys fans.

No worries. I'm not one of 'em. However, in terms of asshole Wildcat fans, I proudly accept any and all honors associated therewith

Once got tickets a few rows near the 50-yard line to see Brett Favre play. The guy two seats down from us, pulls his dick out and starts urinating in the collector's cup.

The games are too much money to be harassed, spit on, cursed at and get punched over. No other American sport has that.

Last edited:
Going to an NFL game is the most overrated experience ever. It really does bring out the worst of the worst. I've been to a couple games in Detroit where I think people just showed up to shout obscenities at the field.

The first NFL game I went to was a Falcons Browns and we sat in the dog pound. Quite a cultural experience.

Patriots & Red Sox fans for me. I know several obnoxious ones that get on my nerves. It's not a Boston thing, I don't hate the Celtics. I love the Cubs fans passion after 108 years before a WS title again. I'd be frustrated too but I'll never forget Randy Myers blowing a save on his "poster night" fan give away promotion and the fans threw everyone of them back on the field after the loss. I would not dare wear opposing fan gear at Wrigley. Fan interactions are the basis for my determination. I know the Raiders/49ers rivalry has been rough with some fights among the fans in recent years.

I guess for my NBA pick I'm going with Golden State. Even though Detroit may have had the most famous incident between the Pacers/Pistons. I just find GSW to primarily be a bandwagon fan base. Not a ruthless bunch but someone please find me a real GSW fan before Steve Kerr took over when Mark Jackson was fired and Drake dropped Curry's name in one of his singles. I'd need to see some real proof or hear true knowledge of the franchise historically from a GSW fan before I just take their word that they had been one their whole life. Unless one watched them when Kelenna Azubuike played there (which would only apply to UK fans) or you're under the age of 13 growing up with the Warriors as the team in the NBA then I'm just going to assume you're a bandwagon jumper.

I've always heard Philly as a whole having the reputation for being rowdy though. That said, Go Eagles tomorrow!

This was pretty funny but will piss Chicago fans off.

Last edited:
I've been to a couple games in Detroit where I think people just showed up to shout obscenities at the field.
If I lived in Detroit, I'd probably act similarly.
6yb_ST.gif

I will say this:

The Eagles fans I've interacted with in Cincy have been great. For the 2 games I've been to.

Steelers fans in Cincy are AWFUL, but Steelers fans in Pittsburgh are fine.

It's a really weird dynamic it seems like depending on the city/where the game is played.

Have had more fun on road games then home games at certain points.

I've attended multiple NFL games in Cincinnati. Far and away the worst, dumbest, most drunkenly loud and idiotic fanbase I've ever experienced in person. I've seen Bengals fans puke over the railing onto fans below, wife's crying in embarrassment for their spouse, at least one fan get kicked out of every game I've attended, multiple fights. They're football dumb as well. It's like the worst of the Louisville fan base + the obnoxiousness of Ohio State fans combined into one.

Seeing games in Indianapolis and Pittsburgh, it's a completely different experience. The unique thing about Pittsburgh is it's like the whole city comes together to support the team, like the whole community rising up as one to push on their team to victory. Everything in that city is geared towards the Steelers on game day. It's a little strange tbh, but reminds me of the passion for UK basketball in Kentucky. Indy fans are awesome: kind, courteous, knowledgable.

Hate to say it but I've seen a few drunken fools act that badly at CWS on occasion also. If you look you can always find obnoxious jerks in most any fan base who have had too much to drink and can act like humans.

I went to a baseball game in Philly in 2006. Sat out in right field.

In the 7th inning, after alcohol sales ended, security came and ejected two entire sections.

Got them out of there before the rest of the crowd walked out.

Another vote for Philly. I'm a Panthers fan, and when Carolina played in the NFC Championship game up in Philly back in 2004 (I think), the Philly paper wrote a warning to Carolina fans to watch their back. And it wasn't a PSA, it was more of a "our city is gonna eff you up, so don't bother coming" kind of thing. The mayor was then questioned about it, and instead of saying we welcome you and will hope your experience in Philly is positive, he doubled down with the paper. Panthers kicked their ass, btw.

Philly fans looted last night, took down poles, multiple people getting naked in the streets, throwing stuff at cops, saw one man eat horse crap.

I know the Pats have won a lot and people were cheering for Philly but their fans don’t deserve anything positive.

Patriots fans are the worst because

a) arrogance
b) largely bandwagon and almost nonexistent prior to 2001
c) the team of choice of white supremacists (this one's fairly recent)

Honorable mention: Philly in any sport, Cowboys, Steelers (at least in my experiences with them as road fans in Cincy), Tennessee Vols fans in any sport.

J E T S JETS JETS JETS.

When/IF the Jets win a SB (without Namath), they will make Eagle fan seem highbrow.

Revolting idiots.

Raiders fans are shocked and disappointed by the east coast bias evident in this thread, and they're ready to stab some fools over it.

Ironically, that was against the Eagles this year. I go to most of the Panthers home games and have never seen anything like Philly fan videos. Philadelphia is such a miserable fan base, they take pride in being trashy assholes and go out of their way to uphold that reputation.

You're right... other than a very small minority you don't see any of that at Carolina games. Funny, I went to a European Soccer game last week in the Netherlands, which is a relatively relaxed place, and they don't even let the opposing fans intermingle with the home team. There's a giant wall separating the sections.

One of the locals I was with said that if I wore the wrong colors, I would not be allowed in our seats. Ha!

This was pretty funny but will piss Chicago fans off.

This. Marty is right. Cubs fans are the worst. Blamed Bartman for losing a game; almost ruined a guy's life. Anyone that watched that game that night KNOWS the game was getting out of hand well before the Bartman thing. IMO, as a child of the Big Red Machine era, the cubs, braves, mets, astros, regardless of recent accomplishments will ALWAYS be losers and teams you should rarely if ever lose to .

So the cubs won the WS a couple years ago. Last season began their next streak of 100+ years without another.

Reactions: rudd1
Raiders fans are shocked and disappointed by the east coast bias evident in this thread, and they're ready to stab some fools over it.
Was on Bourbon St with the Raider faithful last year the night before Raiders/Saints and couldn't have been a nicer group. Really rough looking but just having a good time. Surprising to say the least.

Pretty wide range when asking this question but Philly and Boston teams have to be 1 and 2. Cubs are the most annoying with Cowboys and Steelers right behind.

Ha! I love these types of threads because it brings out the passion and everyone digs their heels in to support their opinion.

So let me preface by saying that I am a HUGE UK and Philadelphia sports fan, I was born in Kentucky, lived in Kentucky, went to UK and have lived in Philly since 1988.

I will say this based on personal experience, both fan bases have many more similarities than they do differences, both fan bases are smart, passionate, sometimes crazy but most importantly loyal fan bases who will follow their teams anywhere.

I will also say Philly is a tough blue collar city and going to sporting events in an opposing team's jersey is not smart. I was at the NFC championship game and never saw one fight but I can tell you that anytime a Vikings fan walked by the tailgate you could hear A-hole, A-hole chants!! There is no question we in Philly have our few knuckleheads (especially the guy who ate horse dung after the superbowl) and I have witnessed some fights with drunken idiots too, but I will also say that I am so proud AND lucky to be both a UK and Philly sports fan!!!

Cheers!

Was on Bourbon St with the Raider faithful last year the night before Raiders/Saints and couldn't have been a nicer group. Really rough looking but just having a good time. Surprising to say the least.

Pretty wide range when asking this question but Philly and Boston teams have to be 1 and 2. Cubs are the most annoying with Cowboys and Steelers right behind.

The Raiders fans that can afford to go to New Orleans are a much different breed than the ones who go to games in Oakland or San Diego (now LA).

Every time the Raiders played in San Diego, there were extra police and security deployed - but multiple fights and stabbings would still occur.

Don't have a clue

Been to 5 Raiders games. great group of people...in those 5 games(3 in Nashville..1 Miami..1 Oakland) i have witnessed 3 fights and 1 nose to nose argument. All 3 of the fights took place in Miami. Chiefs fans were treated respectfully while i was tailgating in Oakland....gotta pic with Alex Smith mom while there.
The Raiders fans that can afford to go to New Orleans are a much different breed than the ones who go to games in Oakland or San Diego (now LA).

Every time the Raiders played in San Diego, there were extra police and security deployed - but multiple fights and stabbings would still occur.

Chargers fan? let me know so i can ignore you..ha!

Nope, not a Chargers fan. Not a fan of any particular NFL team.

But I've been to Chargers games, and I witnessed first-hand what the Raiders fans can be like. No other Chargers games were even close to that one - and it was on a Sunday afternoon. There's a reason why the Raiders and Chargers never played Sunday nights.

Every year the news would cover how the Chargers game needed extra security when the Raiders came to town. And every year it was still by far the ugliest game of the season in terms of crowd fights, stabbings, arrests, etc.

Maybe the Raiders fans actually in Oakland are better, but the ones in southern California from the days of the LA Raiders are a rough crew, to put it nicely.

ADVERTISEMENT