ADVERTISEMENT

Woodyard returning?

At this point I’m willing to give Daffy, Donald, Mickey, or anybody else the reins. Couldn’t be any worse.
Understand the frustration, but it really can get worse. Outside of a few Brooks and Couch Years, this is actually as good as it has ever been.

If Stoops leaves the next hire is critical. We will have good options, but gotta hit it.

I have shared this video many times but if you go to the 8:37 mark, you see my wife, then me with my now 21 year old son, Coy, on my shoulders and now 24 year old daughter, Chayton, getting hugs from Wes. Next, you see our old friend RV with the hat and shades...sigh, great memories...looking for more in the future.

Understand the frustration, but it really can get worse. Outside of a few Brooks and Couch Years, this is actually as good as it has ever been.

If Stoops leaves the next hire is critical. We will have good options, but gotta hit it.
I hear ya bud but I respectfully disagree about the it could be worse part. We are one of the three worst teams in the SEC out of 16.

Year in and year out we maintain one of the worst offenses of all power 5 teams. We can’t keep an offensive coordinator for more than a year. Our QB situations over the years have also been atrocious. Just like an OC, we have a hard time keeping a QB for more than a year. And we can all just forget about developing one cause that ain’t happening!

Rich Brooks has been gone for about 15 years and UK football was just as respected when he left as we are now.

Last edited:
Reactions: RunninRichie
I hear ya bud but I respectfully disagree about the it could be worse part. We are one of the three worst teams in the SEC out of 16.

Year in and year out we maintain one of the worst offenses of all power 5 teams. We can’t keep an offensive coordinator for more than a year. Our QB situations over the years have also been atrocious. Just like an OC, we have a hard time keeping a QB for more than a year. And we can all just forget about developing one cause that ain’t happening!

Rich Brooks has been gone for about 15 years and UK football was just as respected when he left as we are now.

That's just not the way it is with people with any knowledge. Pre CMS UK was soft, no one dreaded playing UK, same as a CMR team, we were soft as charmin. Today UK is one of the more physical teams not only in the SEC but the country, no one gets excited to play UK because of the physical pounding. That may not put points on the board but it creates respect.

Reactions: Girthang
That's just not the way it is with people with any knowledge. Pre CMS UK was soft, no one dreaded playing UK, same as a CMR team, we were soft as charmin. Today UK is one of the more physical teams not only in the SEC but the country, no one gets excited to play UK because of the physical pounding. That may not put points on the board but it creates respect.
Ohhh that is too the way it is.

Some of y’all need to get away from the UK board and venture out a little. My Twitter feeds every Saturday night are filled with fan bases and media around the country mocking our coach and style of play. And they’re right.

You don’t think we’re soft? Have you forgotten we’ve lost to Vandy and South Carolina two years in a row? We have ONE conference win at this time. We have THREE conference wins against winning SEC teams over Stoops’s tenure.

Ain’t nobody afraid of UK football, come on.

• Sad
Reactions: catben and JASUN74
Kentucky leads the SEC and country in moral victories.

Would love to see WW on our staff in some capacity. He should probably get some experience before taking a P4 head coaching gig. But I think he sees what Deion Sanders is doing and wants to probably emulate that to some degree, maybe with a bit more class. But I think he would kill it in the recruiting trail.

Reactions: bigbluedon
WW is the man. Loved him at UK. He has 0 coaching experience. Would not support him as HC or DC. He could come in learn the ropes like the rest of the coaching world and in 10 years or so be ready for HC type of job.

White is the next HC of UK unless Stoops drags his feet leaving. White will get tired of it after too much more. Vince does not want to be HC. Hamden is not HC material at this point in his career. No matter what once things change if we have a mass exodus of players we will fall back to Joker years (heck not too far from it this year). Problem if Joker had this much talent he would have probably (major if) won a couple more games so far this year.

I believe Woodyard could be a good coach. Leader on the field. Remember a story of him visiting and going up to players on sidelines and getting them super hyped. I bet he could recruit.

And think you could get him started as a position coach. Not sure you have to work your way up the ladder to coach linebackers in college. I'm assuming there's an interview process to make an informed enough decision. I'm not screaming to make a blind hire here.

Not a fan of this tweet. Little cringey.

Season 3 Please GIF by The Simpsons

What does WW have to do to be considered for a job? Can he come in as an analyst initially and move later to coaching?

WW is the man. Loved him at UK. He has 0 coaching experience. Would not support him as HC or DC. He could come in learn the ropes like the rest of the coaching world and in 10 years or so be ready for HC type of job.

White is the next HC of UK unless Stoops drags his feet leaving. White will get tired of it after too much more. Vince does not want to be HC. Hamden is not HC material at this point in his career. No matter what once things change if we have a mass exodus of players we will fall back to Joker years (heck not too far from it this year). Problem if Joker had this much talent he would have probably (major if) won a couple more games so far this year.
I don’t understand White as a head coach here at all. I feel like they are just trying to keep him happy so that he won’t leave. Is that why he turned down the LSU job?

Reactions: RunninRichie
I don’t understand White as a head coach here at all. I feel like they are just trying to keep him happy so that he won’t leave. Is that why he turned down the LSU job?
I think he was promised Coach in Waiting to keep him here. He loves the area and will probably get his shot. If that ends up a bad move then we will be put back 25 plus years.

If/when Stoops leaves I hope UK could do better than someone who has never coached, managed others, recruited, fundraised, etc.

If Woodyard is serious then he needs to pay his dues and work his way up like everybody else.

I think he could get a good start at coaching linebackers.

And with Kentucky connected head coaches at WVU, Troy and Tulane, there might be an opening on that level (though WVU might not last very long.)
I think that’s exactly what he should do. He knows the fundamentals and the schemes. Now get some “reps” making recruiting calls, going into recruit’s homes, learning the mechanics of NLI/portal, etc.

Would love to see WW on our staff in some capacity. He should probably get some experience before taking a P4 head coaching gig. But I think he sees what Deion Sanders is doing and wants to probably emulate that to some degree, maybe with a bit more class. But I think he would kill it in the recruiting trail.

Did Deion coach his kids in HS or some prep league before getting a lower college job?

What AD would hire Woodward as an HC of a Power Conference program? Answer: zero.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT