ADVERTISEMENT

Wonder about the conditioning program

Kybluedude

All-SEC
Nov 19, 2005
UK has always been well conditioned but extraordinarily so under Pitino.

CMP plays fast with lots of running plus plays a lot of players and adds defensive pressure.

Will he up the conditioning particularly preseason? I think it won games for us in the past. Seems he likes what he learned at UK.

Is Brady Welsh still our S&C guy?

I'd love for someone to mention KneesOverToesGuy to Pope. He was an unathletic kid in HS who had multiple injuries. He used unorthodox methods to rehab and managed to make a college bball team and increase his vertical an insane amount while getting rid of all his issues with knee injuries.

Didn't have the 20 hour per week rule back then. Not sure but guess that would apply to supervised conditioning as well as practice time today. Players will have to get in that kind of shape on their own.
1970 Dan Issel senior year. Rupp calls him in And tells him if he will start a running program with the guys, he will leave Issel in in blowout games, Issel goes on to average nearly 34 ppg. No title tho, Lost 106-100 to Jacksonville State

I'd love for someone to mention KneesOverToesGuy to Pope. He was an unathletic kid in HS who had multiple injuries. He used unorthodox methods to rehab and managed to make a college bball team and increase his vertical an insane amount while getting rid of all his issues with knee injuries.

Brilliant idea!!

I don't think conditioning was ever great while cal was here. Players cramping at all times and small injuries are a sign of poor conditioning
Not to mention especially the last 5-6 years guys didn’t gain much muscle. Look at Dilly and all them they looked pretty much the same all year. A few guys added some muscle like Adou or got leaner but overall it didn’t seem like we were in the best condition.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Not to mention especially the last 5-6 years guys didn’t gain much muscle. Look at Dilly and all them they looked pretty much the same all year. A few guys added some muscle like Adou or got leaner but overall it didn’t seem like we were in the best condition.
Can't let possible injuries in the weight room get in the way of their dreams.

• Haha
Reactions: NerlensCat
Didn't have the 20 hour per week rule back then. Not sure but guess that would apply to supervised conditioning as well as practice time today. Players will have to get in that kind of shape on their own.
I think the 20 hour rule is specifically for team practices. Individual or position group workouts don’t count and I would assume Strength and Conditioning wouldn’t count against the 20 hours.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT