ADVERTISEMENT

Women’s volleyball sweet 16 430 today ESPNU

They have won 18 in a row and I think they make it 19. Crazy that their losses have come against:

#1 Nebraska
#4 Pitt
#4 Pitt
#7 Louisville
#11 Tennessee
#12 Purdue
Colorado State

Reactions: ukjenning44
Tough to beat a team 3 times, but I like our chances. If we do win, Nebraska in the Elite 8 will be a monumental task. The good news is that if we manage to beat them, I think we would have to be considered the favorite in the FF because our toughest match would already be behind us.

They have won 18 in a row and I think they make it 19. Crazy that their losses have come against:

#1 Nebraska
#4 Pitt
#4 Pitt
#7 Louisville
#11 Tennessee
#12 Purdue
Colorado State
Skinner definitely has a different approach to scheduling than Cal. Those tough early games although many resulted in losses, definitely made us better.
Beating up on and especially losing to cupcakes doesn’t improve us at all.

Volleyball is such a great sport. My daughter also plays indoor but she's just recently committed to play beach vb for UNC Wilmington (yes, that's a sore subject!). I love watching the game. Such great strategy and skill.

I'll definitely be watching and pulling for the Cats this afternoon.

IMG-1553.jpg

Another good example of "Life's not fair." Ark wins; UK goes home.

The NCAA, one of most fleckless and corrupt organizations who should oversee and ensure championships (and all sports) are run fairly, gave no consideration to the regular season when placing teams into brackets. Beating a team two times in the regular season should mean you don't see them in your region. How difficult would that be? The regular season, and winning your league should give you some scintilla of an advantage but it does not. A five year old could draw names and be just as effective.

Arkansas clearly had the advantage playing with house money. I have watched Kentucky all year long, and I think due to the added pressure of having to beat a great team a third time, it was a lot to ask and they committed uncharateristic errors today. Arkansas did deserve to win--they played better today, but a lot of that was caused by the favorable collision course with UK.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT