ADVERTISEMENT

Wiseman for 2 years

TheWyldKat

Senior
Mar 13, 2016
I think getting James Wiseman to reclassify and commit to next year’s roster would be gigantic! With his age at 17, UK or whoever gets him would have him for two years before he would be eligible to enter the NBA draft.

I’m not really nervous about Penny Hardaway at Memphis taking him away from Cal. Coach Cal seems to be on a mission as of late with recruiting.

Reactions: EastLansingCat
doesn’t one year in college negate the age 19 requirement?

No, you have to be a year out of high school AND turn 19 the year of the draft. Wiseman just turned 17 a few weeks ago.

Reclassification doesn't sound likely at the moment, though.

Reactions: brianpoe
So if one and done is kaput then Wiseman can go right out of high school? I think I would rather have that happen than him going to any other school. I'll admit it, I'm being selfish.

Reactions: jbubb98
i think we are seeing so much more reclass talk in part because there’s an expectation of the OAD rule going away.

I suspect that players are being pitched on getting the best of both worlds - not missing out on the college experience if the OAD goes away.

So if one and done is kaput then Wiseman can go right out of high school? I think I would rather have that happen than him going to any other school. I'll admit it, I'm being selfish.

1 and done will done away with by 2020 class. Which is why Cal's trying to get to '19 and '20 kids to re-classify up--load up on as much NBA caliber talent as possible but also mix in multi year players prior to '20. Some kids that are talked of or can re-classify in addition to who you already know: RJ Hampton, Nico Mannion, and Jalen Suggs--with Suggs being less likely due to trying to decide between CFB and CBB. N'Faly Dante is another I've been told could re-classify to '19. Sure there are/will be others, but these kids openly discuss it.

The one and done going away has nothing to do with Wiseman though as it won't come into effect while he is college. I think Wiseman reclassifying is still 50/50 but I will be honest since Cal doesn't seem to be scrambling for bigs right now with 3 bigs testing the waters he neither A. knows 2 or all 3 are most likely coming back or B. a big is in the bag that we don't know. I think A is more likely then B but who knows?

1 and done will done away with by 2020 class. Which is why Cal's trying to get to '19 and '20 kids to re-classify up--load up on as much NBA caliber talent as possible but also mix in multi year players prior to '20. Some kids that are talked of or can re-classify in addition to who you already know: RJ Hampton, Nico Mannion, and Jalen Suggs--with Suggs being less likely due to trying to decide between CFB and CBB. N'Faly Dante is another I've been told could re-classify to '19. Sure there are/will be others, but these kids openly discuss it.

Are we sure OAD won’t be gone a year before that? I thought it was going to be addressed after the playoffs.

Will you guys wait and see him play against college guys first please...A guy named Skal bring back any memories??

No, you have to be a year out of high school AND turn 19 the year of the draft. Wiseman just turned 17 a few weeks ago.

Reclassification doesn't sound likely at the moment, though.
Thought it was one year removed from your original high school graduating class? As in reclassifying would still have his original graduating class still in '19? I've been baked since 4:20 Fri.. Maybe I'm just super high still..

Reactions: JC43
I have a source telling me Wiseman is leaning Memphis right now regardless. Obviously likes Penny, but likes the addition of Miller. Also heard Jeffries still keeping an ear open to Penny as well. This guy also telling me that Hurt likes Penny.

This guy has some ties to Memphis and Miller. He has given me solid info in the past, mostly relating AAU in Memphis, Skal.

I have a source telling me Wiseman is leaning Memphis right now regardless. Obviously likes Penny, but likes the addition of Miller. Also heard Jeffries still keeping an ear open to Penny as well. This guy also telling me that Hurt likes Penny.

This guy has some ties to Memphis and Miller. He has given me solid info in the past, mostly relating AAU in Memphis, Skal.

You are full of good news

I believe your source is telling you what he believes to be true.

However, he sounds like a source that has ties to Memphis and is not a widespread network of national connections. (could be wrong as it is your guy, not mine)

If the above is the case then I don't put a ton of stock in it personally. It's similar to why Matt Jones is wrong so often because he only gets one side of the story. So he is usually right if there is no shot or if it is already locked up and hasn't happened yet or if it is internal matters. But when it falls outside those categories it becomes much less reliable due to not seeing the whole picture.

Reactions: chroix and ipatent
Good thing Cal is one of the best recruiters around then. If he goes to Memphis so be it, Cal will obviously figure it all out. His sister I guess goes to school there so it makes sense to make it a family thing.

I love all the sources. 90 percent of them are wrong, but everybody seems to have them.

Reactions: kartmd
45% of the posters on this board have no sources. But 20% have more than 3 sources who are right more than 65% of the time. Of the remaining 35%, most of them have no sources some of the time, but sometimes have a great source who is right more than 80% of the time. Then there are a few special people who really have sources. Those guys are are right >90% of the time when the info is right, but are wrong >90% of the time when the info is purely made up. But remember that all info is fluid... well, 82% of the time it is.

So should Cal say to hell with it and move on .If a random person can get that info surely Cal is getting the same vibe and realizes he has no shot.

So should Cal say to hell with it and move on .If a random person can get that info surely Cal is getting the same vibe and realizes he has no shot.

No, he shouldn't. Sorry, I never say shit here. I just happen to have a friend who is very close to Mike Miller. Very, very close. This is what he tells me. You don't have to like it. He says Wiseman loves Kentucky, but loves the idea of Penny and Miller. That's all. Doesn't mean much right now.

Reactions: mrbud and jace2012
No problem with the info you have. Just hope Cal doesn't let it be one of those things were he waits till last minute Wiseman chooses Memphis and he's left scrambling looking for a big. We needed a rim protector in the worst way this year.

No, he shouldn't. Sorry, I never say shit here. I just happen to have a friend who is very close to Mike Miller. Very, very close. This is what he tells me. You don't have to like it. He says Wiseman loves Kentucky, but loves the idea of Penny and Miller. That's all. Doesn't mean much right now.
Bro I believe you, that's why cal is after the other big guy. Also believe wisemen will in up at Memphis.

Reactions: BlueWorldOrder74
Bro I believe you, that's why cal is after the other big guy. Also believe wisemen will in up at Memphis.

You really think Cal is gonna lose out to Penny Hardaway??? You cant really think that...Wisemans mom loves Cal...he may not go to UK but he wont go to Memphis

You really think Cal is gonna lose out to Penny Hardaway??? You cant really think that...Wisemans mom loves Cal...he may not go to UK but he wont go to Memphis
Bro hope cal gets the kid, but he is from Memphis, you know the locals what him to stay home, talk to a client last week from Memphis , he said everyone is super excited having penny as the new coach, he said it feels like when cal was their.

Remember this when it comes to recruiting...most of the times the kid goes to whomever has been recruiting him longest...not always but vast majority

I believe he's going to Memphis but we will be okay. UK will carry on and us fans will be upset for a bit. Then the next great high school player will come along and then we are focusing on them. Its been that for as long as I can remember when it comes to recruiting. We get our share though.

I think getting James Wiseman to reclassify and commit to next year’s roster would be gigantic!

-There has never been a more insightful sentence uttered in the history of mankind.

Pretty consistent with the info that’s being put out there by others. I think if penny lands a monster class that are made up of his former aau players a few years from now Memphis will be in big trouble. You know penny buys those kids stuff. He probably has been financially taking care of a few. No way does rich ass penny look at his poorer players and not step in.

It is funny, shoe company gives aau coaches items then the coach passes out shirts, shorts, shoes, bags to the players. Probably meal money and travel money, then that coach becomes head coach at a university. Its strange how recruiting works and so many rules and loop holes around those rules.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
Are we sure OAD won’t be gone a year before that? I thought it was going to be addressed after the playoffs.

Word is out the class of '20 will be the first one effected by new rules. See that Andrew Slater has mentioned it. Trust his Duke connections to Adam Silver. (Duke Alum).

You are full of good news
depositphotos_52109597-stock-illustration-vector-single-cartoon-shit.jpg
you are full of:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT