ADVERTISEMENT

Wiseman, Carey to sign in the fall!!!Carey eyes playing with Wiseman or Stewart

What? Wiseman will have to take off his Memphis cheerleading outfit to do this, according to this board.

Based on what I have read, I really can't see Carey and Stewart together. Very similar players.

Wiseman and Carey would seem to be a better combo. Wiseman's length and defensive skills combined with Carey's strength and offensive skills.

Hopefully, some people who have watched all three a lot can chime in and let us know which combo they think fits better.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Not to be a Johnny Rain-cloud here but I am not thrilled with the idea that they want to sign in the fall. That makes me nervous. Was hoping for a late spring signing.

I have never ever ever wanted to be sitting around in April wondering if one or two top players will make us a title contender or leave us with a glaring roster weakness.

Oh I agree, I wish they would commit to Kentucky tomorrow. However it is more likely that if they commit earlier they will go elsewhere since the only reason to wait is to see what we have coming back and/or leaving. None of the other teams they have on their list(s) have the type of talent that will keep them off the floor. Only we have that. So I want them to wait.

If they do team up and go to MSU instead of UK, consider me bamboozled. Why any player would choose an unproven OAD coach like Izzo over Cal is beyond me.

I can think of only 3 reasons myself, perhaps there are more.

1. Childhood dream - Even though this is a business decision, some kids are just drawn to their favorite school and next to nothing is going to change that. And if that is the case, I will never hold that against a kid for playing for his favorite school. I may not agree with it... But I respect it.

2. Playing time/roster limitations - You may even throw in ego here as well. Some kids just want to be "the man" on campus. But if a roster has limitations and they feel they feel they are good enough to be on the floor more and don't want to have to fight for their PT then going the easier path is for them. It won't help them in the long run most of the time but they don't see it that way.

3. $$$$ - As we've seen money plays a huge part in many of these kids recruitment. Yes, it is short sighted because if they look at the results of UK kids in the NBA vs. even the next closest school they would see a huge jump in dollar signs. However many of these kids come from needy family's and as such even a little money in the present is worth taking the chance on their future.

With that said, I can see the appeal of Izzo for some of these players. He is a blue collar type of coach that has a history of coaching tough players. Some kids see themselves as that type of player and find that type of play style appealing. They simply aren't looking at it from his NBA prospects resume.

Plus the fact that if you screw up big time at Mich St like kidnap or rape a girl etc, Izzo will hide u in his basement until it all blows over and the Prez of the school gives him the O K to let the player come out of hiding. How Izzy still has a job is beyond me. The win at all cost shit has gotten way out of control.

I can think of only 3 reasons myself, perhaps there are more.

1. Childhood dream - Even though this is a business decision, some kids are just drawn to their favorite school and next to nothing is going to change that. And if that is the case, I will never hold that against a kid for playing for his favorite school. I may not agree with it... But I respect it.

2. Playing time/roster limitations - You may even throw in ego here as well. Some kids just want to be "the man" on campus. But if a roster has limitations and they feel they feel they are good enough to be on the floor more and don't want to have to fight for their PT then going the easier path is for them. It won't help them in the long run most of the time but they don't see it that way.

3. $$$$ - As we've seen money plays a huge part in many of these kids recruitment. Yes, it is short sighted because if they look at the results of UK kids in the NBA vs. even the next closest school they would see a huge jump in dollar signs. However many of these kids come from needy family's and as such even a little money in the present is worth taking the chance on their future.

With that said, I can see the appeal of Izzo for some of these players. He is a blue collar type of coach that has a history of coaching tough players. Some kids see themselves as that type of player and find that type of play style appealing. They simply aren't looking at it from his NBA prospects resume.

What exactly constitutes a “blue collar type coach?”

For real asking

What exactly constitutes a “blue collar type coach?”

For real asking

I guess it's how I think about him, not really anything I've heard others use. To me he seems to be a tough SOB and one that would run your ass off if you screw up in practice. His way or the highway type of coach. Whereas Cal is a players first open minded coach that adjusts his coaching style to his players.

There are players out there that thrive under the disciplinarian type of coach, that's all that I was meaning Izzo reminded me of.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
Plus the fact that if you screw up big time at Mich St like kidnap or rape a girl etc, Izzo will hide u in his basement until it all blows over and the Prez of the school gives him the O K to let the player come out of hiding. How Izzy still has a job is beyond me. The win at all cost shit has gotten way out of control.

Since you know everything, what exactly did Izzo do? Just taking ESPN's garbage article as fact even though it's been debunked?

Win at all costs lol give me a break.

I enjoy following your guys board as Kentucky fans love hoops, but had to chime in on this ridiculous post.

Since you know everything, what exactly did Izzo do? Just taking ESPN's garbage article as fact even though it's been debunked?

Win at all costs lol give me a break.

I enjoy following your guys board as Kentucky fans love hoops, but had to chime in on this ridiculous post.

Do you really think Izzo didn't know guys under his watch were raping girls??
Jesus Christ dude.

Do you really think Izzo didn't know guys under his watch were raping girls??
Jesus Christ dude.

What players committed rape? WTF are you talking about?

There was one alleged assault that took place between Paybe and Appling in 2010. It was investigated by THREE different outside parties and they all determined no crime was committed. This was well known back in 2010. It just wasn't known by everyone because ESPN didnt write a sensationalized piece around it. Izzo had nothing to cover up or not know about. Everyone knew about it and it was determined nothing happened.

You really think Tom Izzo is letting his players rape girls and sweep it under the rug? Lololol the same guy that kicked Chris Allen and Korie Lucious off the team a couple years ago for smoking weed.

Keep letting ESPN influence you though. Be my guest.

Nothing to do with ESPN my boy. Just go back last year and start googling stories about the shit that went on there on campus and maybe u won’t come here and act a fool. Maybe you ought not come over here at all

Nothing to do with ESPN my boy. Just go back last year and start googling stories about the shit that went on there on campus and maybe u won’t come here and act a fool. Maybe you ought not come over here at all

Tom Izzo had nothing to do with Larry Nassar. None. Nobody is acting a fool but you.

what's really disgusting is that the little girl with cancer was just a punishment for Payne as community service and ... hey guy accused of rape... lets put him around a little girl and get seriously publicity for it... just disgusting behavior at MSU

Some guy from the 2010 MSU team and A. Payne both accused by women of rape and MSU did its best to cover it up.

Nothing was covered up my man. This was a well known case back in 2010 when I was a student at MSU. Three different investigations all determined no crime was committed.

How can something he covered up that was investigated by parties outside of MSU and was well known 8 years ago? How exactly did Izzo cover it up?

Good Lord. It's crazy what a sensationalized ESPN piece can do to people.

I'm sure you all think Coach K is a God and a saint as well like ESPN portrays eh?

what's really disgusting is that the little girl with cancer was just a punishment for Payne as community service and ... hey guy accused of rape... lets put him around a little girl and get seriously publicity for it... just disgusting behavior at MSU

Wow. Payne never had community service. Are you kidding me? You think he hung out with a girl with cancer because of raping a girl and getting community service? Holy cow...

Dude you need to look up the facts on this case... just saying.

Its a disgusting part of human psyche that people cant handle being wrong so they'll refuse to believe anything that doesnt match up with their pre existing beliefs. UL fans, UNCheat fans..... MSU fans... Baylor fans... they'll all believe its some massive conspiracy against them before they'll believe something went wrong ..... MSU fans will admit against the child rapist because they dont care about gymnastics..... if it was the basketball or football doctor they'd say they were set up...... but because they turned their back on basketball rape allegations...... now its ... it didnt happen.

and even the people that accept crap happened....it turns into the "what about" sheet fest of ...its not so bad because this happened over there.....

Sadly its a human problem because our fan base would do the same thing if something horrible happened here.

You're a sick human being if you think that.

Its a disgusting part of human psyche that people cant handle being wrong so they'll refuse to believe anything that doesnt match up with their pre existing beliefs. UL fans, UNCheat fans..... MSU fans... Baylor fans... they'll all believe its some massive conspiracy against them before they'll believe something went wrong ..... MSU fans will admit against the child rapist because they dont care about gymnastics..... if it was the basketball or football doctor they'd say they were set up...... but because they turned their back on basketball rape allegations...... now its ... it didnt happen.

and even the people that accept crap happened....it turns into the "what about" sheet fest of ...its not so bad because this happened over there.....

Sadly its a human problem because our fan base would do the same thing if something horrible happened here.

This isn't about basketball or football you moron. Give me facts of what Izzo did wrong. If he covered up sexual assault, I'd be the first to say he should go.

So far you're just making shit up.

Its hilarious how there are threads about it the day the ESPN aired it.......... so many here remember it... but i bet the MSU fan never even watched it because why watch something that might say something bad about your team right especially when you can act like it never happened

This isn't about basketball or football you moron. Give me facts of what Izzo did wrong. If he covered up sexual assault, I'd be the first to say he should go.

So far you're just making shit up.

I dont have to do the facts... ESPN already gathered the facts.

I tried to link the video but for some reason its not showing up............ so maybe someone else will do it or the MSU fan could go watch it himself but he wont.... why watch something hurtful when you can skip it and triple down on the it didnt happen agenda.

I believe it was behind the lines on ESPN that discovered that. It was on ESPN

Yeah, that was never said, or remotely accurate. As I said, you're a sick human being for suggesting that.

I'm done here. I enjoy reading your guys board for hoops discussion.

If you wanna believe Izzo covers up sexual assault, that's your decision.

Good luck this year. Should be another great season for you guys.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
I just can't see any other school pulling off a package deal with these guys.

If all three went to different schools, say Memphis, MSU and Duke, that'd be one thing. But with Kentucky being in the mix for all three, I just can't see two of these guys, sitting down together, and saying "Man we could really do something special at Michigan State".

Yeah, that was never said, or remotely accurate. As I said, you're a sick human being for suggesting that.

I'm done here. I enjoy reading your guys board for hoops discussion.

If you wanna believe Izzo covers up sexual assault, that's your decision.

Good luck this year. Should be another great season for you guys.

Yeah I'm sick for just mentioning what ESPN uncovered. lol

Did you learn that slick side step maneuver from Trump? Did my dad kill kennedy too or do you want to call me whacky while you're at it?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT