ADVERTISEMENT

Will UK Recruit a Portal QB in 2025 ?

LCFOOTBALLDAD

Sophomore
Gold Member
Mar 3, 2015
Starting to think the QB play is a large part of the issues offensively. There are definitely other factors at work, but it is becoming more apparent that Vandergriff is not good enough to make up the difference for the short comings of the rest of the unit; maybe that changes with more playing time.

So as you look at 2025 what do you do ?
1) Stay with Vandergriff thinking he would develop into the #1 QB role ?
2) Adjust the offense to Incorporate Wimsatt's dual threat capabilities ?
3) Rotate Boley into these last 4 games and see how much more development is needed going into next year ?
4) Dive into the portal and find someone who can run the offense for the next 2 years.
Items 3 & 4 are tied together.

Personally, I have seen enough of Vandergriff to know that he is not "the guy". He is in his 4th year of college FB and if the lights were going to come on, it would have happened already. I would expect Stoops to encourage him to leave after the season. Conversely, I would think that Stoops would encourage Wimsatt to stay and serve as the QB #2. (4 for 40 maybe appealing because he is a KY kid)

In this era of NIL, Coaches need to give fans a reason to be excited and want to donate to the collective. Based upon QB play this season, I believe UK needs to find another portal QB; someone who has had played a lot of football at the college level; could be someone from outside of the Power 4 conferences.

Thoughts ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.