ADVERTISEMENT

Will UK be ul's Superbowl

BP loves beating UK more than any other for some reason. He is already game planning. Birds might lose 5 or 6 games before the UK game, but Bobby will have them ready for the cats.

BP loves beating UK more than any other for some reason. He is already game planning. Birds might lose 5 or 6 games before the UK game, but Bobby will have them ready for the cats.
This. They could lose every game between now and thanksgiving. Petrino is already planning on the UK game. The season is over for them. They may go 6-6 but it’s over

Reactions: Pelosigalore
It might not matter. This UofLoL team is untalented and overmatched against us. As long as we don't lay an egg ourselves, we outmatch them across the board. CMU would probably kick their butts right now.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
I don't know about Super Bowl but it may be the closest the hapless red pigeons get to a bowl game this year.

Reactions: TerryUK98
I wouldn't be surprised if UK fans out number UofL <===[laughing] fans. If they continue their current course...those fans will completely bail on the birds. With that said, I'm pretty confident that players for UofL <===[laughing] players will say some negative stuff...and you know who will take it personally...

I wouldn't be surprised if UK fans out number UofL <===[laughing] fans. If they continue their current course...those fans will completely bail on the birds. With that said, I'm pretty confident that players for UofL <===[laughing] players will say some negative stuff...and you know who will take it personally...
I was talking with a friend about this last night. It looks like they'll completely tank, and if they do, 90% of their fans will abandon them. If you combine that with us looking for our 9th or 10th win, it will be an epic takeover of their stadium, a complete embarrassment to those pieces of crap.

To address the OP's question, we are always UL's Superbowl, because that game is how they've gauged their quality. That is why they always wanted to "Tee Off" on UK. The venomous hate inspired their motivation to focus on that one win. Everything that followed was good for them due to that hateful passion that UK gave them.
Kentucky was always more worried about the SEC and looked at UL as an OC win. That strategy began with Howard Schnellenberger, but after the hateful UL / Petrino era began, it was eventually smart to move that game from the first one, to the last.
Respect to Scnellenberger but, starting the UK/UL series was primarily forced on UK by Louisville politicians for obvious reasons.

I was talking with a friend about this last night. It looks like they'll completely tank, and if they do, 90% of their fans will abandon them. If you combine that with us looking for our 9th or 10th win, it will be an epic takeover of their stadium, a complete embarrassment to those pieces of crap.

I was talking to my friend that I went to the SC game with last night, who lives near Louisville (I live in Indianapolis). The closest we have been to uavel's stadium is to go to Churchill Downs, and by the way it make the view from CD a lot worse now. We could go and enjoy the game with a lot of fellow Wildcats.

Reactions: Rush2112 UK
This. They could lose every game between now and thanksgiving. Petrino is already planning on the UK game. The season is over for them. They may go 6-6 but it’s over
Ul is NOT going 6-6. This is gonna be a losing year and a bad one. Unless their qb starts playing like Jackson the calls for honest bob to pack his shit will be through the roof. Cant think of a better end

Pretty sure we are always their Super Bowl even when we suck. I know we are their fans SB. Hell they talk about us more than their own team. Which given the product on the field and on the sidelines, I’d say they don’t have much else to talk about hahah

Reactions: Wildcatsworld
UL isn’t favored in a single remaining game this season. FSU is an extremely poorly coached team and UL gave them the game yesterday.

It is highly likely the Cards will be sitting at 3-8 or thereabouts by the time the Cats roll into PJS. I’m confident that fan base will bail long before then.

It will not be the UL Super Bowl. It will be the UK victory lap.

Yeah, ask a UL fan and they will tell you that this is a nothing game for them because they own us. They are a football school and are 15-9 against us. 15-15-1 is the real stat and our win loss percentage regular season is similar with the edge to them and our bowl win-loss record is similar with both just under .500. Now, factor in that they played in the Metro, Conference USA, Big East, and now the ACC, you could say the degree of difficulty of schedule would give us the better football program status. Neither is a football school and these win-loss streaks which they also brag about in recent years (we have the longest by the way) have come in cycles historically. We are about to start dominating for the next few years if we play up to our potential.

Reactions: MEMEBLUE
ACC is horrible

And yet UL is predicted to lose ALL remaining games on their schedule. ALL.

They suck.

I watched that game yesterday. FSU is a really poorly coached team and had no business pulling it out like they did. And yet, the Cards are licking their wounds today because of overzealous coaching.

Let this be a lesson to all the UK fans that bitch if Stoops doesn’t go for it every single possession. Petrino could have sat on the ball, settled for a FG with nearly zero time on the clock and walked out with a win.

Instead he forced the offense in an attempt to score a TD. Resulting in an INT with plenty of time for FSU to pull a rabbit out of their hat.

It might not matter. This UofLoL team is untalented and overmatched against us. As long as we don't lay an egg ourselves, we outmatch them across the board. CMU would probably kick their butts right now.
Hope the coaches and team are not thinking this way. It may be true but that way of thinking leads to unpreparedness.

And yet UL is predicted to lose ALL remaining games on their schedule. ALL.

They suck.

I watched that game yesterday. FSU is a really poorly coached team and had no business pulling it out like they did. And yet, the Cards are licking their wounds today because of overzealous coaching.

Let this be a lesson to all the UK fans that bitch if Stoops doesn’t go for it every single possession. Petrino could have sat on the ball, settled for a FG with nearly zero time on the clock and walked out with a win.

Instead he forced the offense in an attempt to score a TD. Resulting in an INT with plenty of time for FSU to pull a rabbit out of their hat.

There is a time in the game where you are playing the clock more than the opponent and this is one of those times. No rational fan would blame stoops for running clock and going conservative in that situation. Problem is stoops has shown he will do that with a half of football left against a quality opponent. Sorry but that will get any rational fan up in arms as it should.

To the OP Louisville has potentially one win left on their schedule and that is Wake at home. They will have zero to play for which means their fans will be unloading tickets left and right. I would not be shocked to see 75% Blue there on gameday.

6-6 is a pipe dream. 2-10 is more realistic.

They can act like it’s their super bowl, but they’ll do what they’ve been doing for all of the other games; lose.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT