ADVERTISEMENT

Will Levis named starting QB

I've said if Levis or Allen won, I expected Gatewood to transfer.

Stoops to have a press conference at 6

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Should we expect a transfer?
With the way UK QBs have held up in the Stoops era... I'd hope not. Just seems like the old adage that the backup is one play away from starting really speaks our teams.

Barker, Scalzo, Sawyer Smith, Wilson... Smitty's body was shot after just two seasons. The only QB I think that held up well in recent memory was Towles. Can't remember if Whitlow ever went down with injury.

Reactions: drew.kasitz
I've said if Levis or Allen won, I expected Gatewood to transfer.

Stoops to have a press conference at 6
We'll know more at 6, obviously, but I've read other posters say that another transfer would likely not be to a major program. Could that dissuade him, in your opinion?

With the way UK QBs have held up in the Stoops era... I'd hope not. Just seems like the old adage that the backup is one play away from starting really speaks our teams.

Barker, Scalzo, Sawyer Smith, Wilson... Smitty's body was shot after just two seasons. The only QB I think that held up well in recent memory was Towles. Can't remember if Whitlow ever went down with injury.
Towles went down with an ankle injury(one year and missed several games(don't you remember Phillips comment..."Towles needs to learn how to fall.")? Whitlow also missed significant PT but I don't recall his injury. I've documented this in the past. Since Woodson EVERY UK QB except a bruised and battered Johnson and Bowden missed PT to injury, some career ending.

Reactions: JPFisher
Obviously it was Levis job to lose and he has won the job. Hope the backup (backups) are ready.

Won it just a few days on the practice field? Don't think so. Coaches was already on top of this for some time. Anxious to see his improvement live.

Reactions: UKUGA
Hope for the best if it is Levi's. Seems like Gatewood and Allen may have been over estimated....or perhaps Levis system under Franklin was closer to what Coen runs.....

I’ll be completely honest about this assessment. I’m not completely sold on the kid at all. He does have a strong arm that looks good but he completed 59% of his passes at Penn St with 3 TD’s and 2 INT’s as a back up. Average to below average numbers. He couldn’t take the job at Penn St. in a mediocre BIG10 so I am skeptical what he can do at UK in the SEC. I certainly wish him the best and will be cheering for him as hard as anyone but just my honest opinion based on what film I’ve seen on him. Nevertheless, GO CATS!

LFG!!!!!

If Joey was transferring, he would have done it when Coen and Levi came to Lex as basically a package deal. Why would that kid waste the entire offseason and then transfer when he doesn't have time to start for anybody?

Reactions: screwduke1
I’ll be completely honest about this assessment. I’m not completely sold on the kid at all. He does have a strong arm that looks good but he completed 59% of his passes at Penn St with 3 TD’s and 2 INT’s as a back up. Average to below average numbers. He couldn’t take the job at Penn St. in a mediocre BIG10 so I am skeptical what he can do at UK in the SEC. I certainly wish him the best and will be cheering for him as hard as anyone but just my honest opinion based on what film I’ve seen on him. Nevertheless, GO CATS!
I believe you gotta give him the benefit of the doubt. He has probably got better the past year since transferring after working with QB coaches, I think earlier in the summer he worked with a QB guru and has worked with Coen for the past couple of months.

I believe you gotta give him the benefit of the doubt. He has probably got better the past year since transferring after working with QB coaches, I think earlier in the summer he worked with a QB guru and has worked with Coen for the past couple of months.

I will most certainly give him the benefit of the doubt as he is our QB now. I’m hoping he is amazing! But film and actual game footage are hard to deny. For what it’s worth I do think he will have some moments that he makes “WOW” throws because he has the arm talent.

I will most certainly give him the benefit of the doubt as he is our QB now. I’m hoping he is amazing! But film and actual game footage are hard to deny. For what it’s worth I do think he will have some moments that he makes “WOW” throws because he has the arm talent.
I am curious? What actual game footage are you talking about? If its hard to deny I would like to see those plays too. JC

I watched all three games. What plays are you referring to? If its hard to deny
Well that would be Penn State vs Nebraska in 2020, vs Iowa and Ohio State in 2019.
Well I watched all three games and he looked pretty good to me. If its hard to deny I and I am sure others would like to see the plays you are refereeing to?

Reactions: Ky grandpa
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT