ADVERTISEMENT

Will Kansas get wins vacated?

tenor.gif

agreed, but NCAA also cleared Rose to play
Rose was cleared to play after a grade change issue came up but at the end of the season the SAT cheating scandal came up and that's why the games he played were vacated. In DeSouza's case, when his payment issue came up and during the investigation KU sat him out. The NCAA later gave the ok for him to play. If they vacate those games i can see why KU would sue them. Memphis should of done the same. I'm not sure why they didn't. I really don't know all the details but I'm just posting things I remember reading from past message boards.

Rose was cleared to play after a grade change issue came up but at the end of the season the SAT cheating scandal came up and that's why the games he played were vacated. In DeSouza's case, when his payment issue came up and during the investigation KU sat him out. The NCAA later gave the ok for him to play. If they vacate those games i can see why KU would sue them. Memphis should of done the same. I'm not sure why they didn't. I really don't know all the details but I'm just posting things I remember reading from past message boards.
As I recall Memphis/Cal flew Rose’ brother to games which is apparently against NCAA rules, so the NCAA made it clear they had two reasons to declare him ineligible.

It’s been so long who knows . Most likely they will do like UNCHEAT and lawyer up and spend twenty plus millions and get out of five level one violations . Personally I hope the lying scumbag Rug Doctor and the Jailhawks get the death penalty!!

Much more concerned about emperor Cal and the UK program than Kansas being on probation or whatever lala land dreams that NCACC will actually something do to them.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
Has it got to the point that UK fans are hoping KU has wins vacated in order to hold or increase our wins total over them? If so, then that is pathetic. The focus should be on what happened that we lost that lead.

Has it got to the point that UK fans are hoping KU has wins vacated in order to hold or increase our wins total over them? If so, then that is pathetic. The focus should be on what happened that we lost that lead.
Fair and valid point. However, this is also indicative of one of the issues that's made things difficult for UK since 2015. Schools like KU, LSU, AZ, etc. saw two things:
  • UK and Duke dominating one and done recruiting
  • UNC using the lie and deny tactic to avoid penalties for violations
Schools that were willing realized the risk vs. reward pay off was worth it and that they could just lawyer up if they got caught. Meanwhile there is the double standard most of us realize exists in that if UK had done anything close to what LSU, AZ, and KU have done, Cal would be fired with a show cause penalty, multiple year probation and reduction of scholarships, and every win under Cal vacated. It also would have been done within a single calendar year.

None of this is meant to let Cal off the hook for a horrible year, but it would be disingenuous to not factor those things into it.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
NO ... The NCAA has lost it's teeth. Look at LSU & Arizona nothing will be done to them either. The NCAA picks on smaller schools who they know will not fight back.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT