ADVERTISEMENT

Will a new on-campus arena ever be a reality?

Our facilities are holding us back. We need something new, large, plush and on campus.
Nah, I'm holding out for a new arena paid for by the taxpayers of this State. Hopefully it'll be fully equipped with ho's and stripper poles.
I've heard the plans are already on file somewhere in Louisville.

Maybe we can stretch and throw in 96, 97 and 98. Three consecutive championship games. And we have done it with three different coaches. But Nevermind.

I mean you no disrespect. However, facts are facts. Since we won our title in 1998 ...

* UCONN has won 4 championships ...
* Duke has won 3 championships ...
* UNC has won 3 championships ...
* AND, Florida has won 2 championships ...

Meanwhile, we added only one more.

Are you satisfied with those results? I'm not. Assuming we have the top coach in the game handling the recruiting, our facilities MUST be a factor in our results. Hence, I feel a new, plush arena located on campus would be of help. It's simply one individual's opinion.
Interesting cut off date of titles. UK has won 3 titles since 1995. In addition to those title years, UK has had final fours in 1997, 2011, 2014 and 2015, including two those years playing in the NCAA title game. Spare us your BS and quit being a little troll bitch.

In the last 20 years we have three National Championships. UK, Duke, UNC and Kansas are all royalty. All other programs have a few good seasons and get lumped in with the Big Boys. Op, Louisville and UCONN will never be in our league.

ADVERTISEMENT