ADVERTISEMENT

Wilcox is our Best Back

All three RBs who have received carries this year have run hard and earned yards after contact. It’s a good group. And, as said above, our young backs may have the highest ceilings of the four (including Chip here). Wilcox has looked like a potential star. Patterson looked physical and tough. Those two as future 1 and 1A could be an awesome duo.
Never understood the hype around chip anyway. He wasn’t anything special at OSU. Hopefully he can give us some physicality but idk

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
1. I need to see Traynum....but he needs to be CRod light to warner carries.....we;ll see how he looks. But we lack a big banger RB
2. Demi is solid as they come. Runs much stronger than I thought he'd do....fantastic blocker in pass game and has elite hands for a RB.
3. Wilcox is without a doubt....a probable star. Burst is there, can juke dudes, run physical for a smaller RB....(that stiff arm was nasty). I am sure he doesn't pick blitz up as well and is immature....but he looks like Boom Williams and you've got to ger 10 touches a game for him

I am not as high on Patterson.....he is a step slower, doesn't run thru tackles....but for 4th string....who cares.
I don't think Chip is an every down type of back, but can still be good if used in the right situations. I can see him being a good blocker and providing some protection for BV, but Also I see him as that 3rd and short type back or a Goal Line type back when we need hard yards. He's a push the pile type back. Could even see him used in a fullback type situation. But I am curious to see what he can do otherwise. I would hope he could prove us wrong and become a 100 YPG rusher. Could change the trajectory of the season and our game planning. Doubt that will be the case though.

Why doesn't get get more touches? He's our most consistent runner, speed and power? He always gets big gains. Sumo is decent, but I don't know, I just prefer Wilcox to be our #1 right now.

Am I the only one who thinks this?
I agree seems to have more potential and may be our best weapon back there right now, but Sumo is very solid and reliable himself and have no problems splitting time with them right now.

Regarding the backs. I watched the KSR podcast yesterday and Luckett seems to think Chip is regarded as the best blocker and they like his experience on he blitz pickups. Luckett further commented that Chip brings the ability to pick up the the short yardage situations and 3rd/4th down conversions and the thinks not having him is one of the reasons Kentucky's drives against Georgia could seldom if ever penetrate the red zone.

They talked like Chip will start but the SEC availability report lists his as "doubtful" go figure.

Reactions: ganner918
Lots of deserved hype around Wilcox. He is probably the most explosive back and had some nice chunk yardage runs against a not very good MAC defense. OTOH DSK had a 100 yard game averaging 4.5 ypc against arguably the best defense in the the country. Big difference there - both have a nice skill set and will contribute.

Reactions: entropy13
Not sure if anyone caught it but Wilcox was still on kick off coverage team Saturday. I mean, why not put Wimsatt and Allen out there as well? They’re athletes right? I just don’t F G I…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT