ADVERTISEMENT

Why would UK allow reeves back on campus?

Nah, we can't hate on Reeves for wanting out of the UK basketball program. When I look at what Cal.is doing, I would want no oart of him being my coach.

Of course, the Illinois and Memphis coaches aren't any better.
Those coaches might not be any better, but they will surely be different with the chance of being better. Cal seems to be getting crazier by the day so these players know exactly what they will get from him and they no long want it.

Your desire for Cal to attempt to block a player from graduating is just the latest example of your disdain for players. They are nothing more than a tool to achieve a championship and when they no longer appear able or willing to assist in that achievement, you want them gone.
Again, since you are slow, show me one post where I have trashed a player. If reeves wants to transfer, more power to him. Just go ahead and do it.

Disagree. Letting a player do this would be a terrible look for Cal. It would also set a precedent for others to try this crap. Reeves could’ve entered the portal and kept his options open like the other 1000+ players. The deadline is passed, and it would be a bad move to let it happen.
How would that look for the University? I think Cal would support it but will try to get him to stay the whole time he is at UK.

Again, since you are slow, show me one post where I have trashed a player. If reeves wants to transfer, more power to him. Just go ahead and do it.
More power to him is your statement as you advocate for blocking his graduation. You are worse than your mentor.

How would that look for the University? I think Cal would support it but will try to get him to stay the whole time he is at UK.
Don’t think it would be a big deal if he finishes up as a normal student. But if his intent is to graduate to transfer, I don’t think he should be able to use UK to get some NIL and use the facilities.

Reactions: YardCat and mdlUK.1
Those coaches might not be any better, but they will surely be different with the chance of being better. Cal seems to be getting crazier by the day so these players know exactly what they will get from him and they no long want it.
Penny isn’t going to make him any better that much I know.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
You make zero sense. Did you skip your meds today?
It is obvious why you like having your nose buried up Cal's butt. I am ignoring you because you have the IQ of a rock and unworthy of anymore of my time.

• Haha
Reactions: mdlUK.1
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh if you treat someone like that, other people see it and it deters many from wanting to get into a possible situation like that........meaning they dont come here.

After all, Cal's NIL stance and his culture he built is the problem, not Reeves doing whats best for him.

If he is planning on transferring, why would UK allow him back on campus to take the classes he needs to graduate?
Right…….

We’re a university. Pride of the state. But you wont bounce a ball so you aren’t welcome here . That will play really well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Graham51
So you think we should refuse to allow on campus a UK student who has been properly admitted, is in good standing, and has engaged in no misconduct … purely out of spite?

I can’t even imagine the degree of negative national publicity we get if we tried that.
It's ridiculous that these kids are so protected. There's zero accountability here.

Other than random speculation why do you believe anyone knows what Reeves plans to do? Just wait it out, THEN get unreasonably angry at the decisions of a 20 something.
Fail to plan, plan to fail. This isn't about the decision of a 20 something but rather the decision of UK staff not to pursue a contingency.
Do what u can for players in the fold committed to UK. However, just like a player doesn't have an allegiance to UK during the draft process, the program has no obligation to not recruit for their position.
Emphasis needs to be on program over player. We are UK!!!

Fail to plan, plan to fail. This isn't about the decision of a 20 something but rather the decision of UK staff not to pursue a contingency.
Do what u can for players in the fold committed to UK. However, just like a player doesn't have an allegiance to UK during the draft process, the program has no obligation to not recruit for their position.
Emphasis needs to be on program over player. We are UK!!!
'We' are not UK, so 'we' don't need to get upset about the decision of a 20 something that hasn't happened yet.

It's really pretty simple, roster building isn't finished, Cal said that this morning too. Wring your hands or wait to see the results, your choice I guess.

Because it is the right thing to do, to let him take his classes to graduate!
Now you could make a valid argument against him being on scholarship this summer, I guess that depends on how they are described when granted. Are they from Aug 1 to July 31? If so, then you honor that too.
But I wouldn't keep open Memorial/Craft for him, he can go play pickup games at Seaton Center with other regular students.
This is my way of thinking as well Jonathan. If his scholly doesn't extend to summer classes, then make him pay his own way, but don't tell him he's not welcome back.

Kind of a fine line I guess, but damn, we need bodies and we need shooters.

If he is planning on transferring, why would UK allow him back on campus to take the classes he needs to graduate?
He hasn't said he is leaving. Do you do the guilty until proven innocent deal ? It's reported he may look around. He hasn't entered the portal. Odeyenso actually went to the portal, nobody bashed him. Reeves is just trying to see what the most NIL money he is worth. He knows he probably doesn't have a NBA future so he is just looking out for his best financial gain. Can't knock that. If UK ends up better than others offer he will be back. It was said he made over $100k at UK. If he is not guaranteed more at another school he will be back at UK. After his year last year I would think he could make a lot more at UK than last years figure. He was not a sure thing last year moving up to a power 5 school. He has proved he can play against the big boys. I do not buy the affraid of losing minutes BS. He averaged over 30 mpg on a deeper team last year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT