ADVERTISEMENT

Why would Cal come back?

He's got so much power here, you might as well call it the University of John Calipari. He likey the money, and the tough thing is knowing his only loyalty is to himself. We can talk about replacements and buyouts, etc. But he'll be here next year.

This. Booing shows that fans are still tolerating what’s going on just enough to continue buying tickets to boo the coach.

Not buying them at all shows they no longer tolerate what’s going on. $$$$ is the only language these people speak.
See: how Kentucky got rid of The Joker™️

Cal is going to stick around for the money and ego. He can claim La Familia all he wants, but he could build that into a nonprofit or a narrative at any other university that takes him in. He's king of a storied program that he's got on autopilot (into the dirt).

Fact of life is that money talks. Crappy as it is.

Reactions: Jmeeks54thebest
See: how Kentucky got rid of The Joker™️

Cal is going to stick around for the money and ego. He can claim La Familia all he wants, but he could build that into a nonprofit or a narrative at any other university that takes him in. He's king of a storied program that he's got on autopilot (into the dirt).

Fact of life is that money talks. Crappy as it is.
You’re right.

I agree. How much much does one need? Hes already rich and famous. Wants for nothing.
He needs to go to a football school if he wants to continue with the one and done recruiting. Somewhere with low expectations that don’t give a damn if they go years without winning anything

You don’t just walk away from $33M. Unless you’re like Tesla guy or some Saudi Prince. Or Oprah. That’s a lot of ****ing money.
There’s no walking you still gotta earn it. If he stays it’s going to be a massive shit show on him. Not to mention he’s not going to retire so he’s gonna end up paid one way or another. It’s not like it’s a free 33 million if he’s fired. Why not negotiate an estimated offset and call it a day? He’s gonna get the 33 mil one way or another. The problem is he’s making it all about himself. So it’s ego

Not sure why we can’t get 20,000 people to boo the living hell out of him at Rupp next year every single home game when he’s announced as coach. I might tune in to watch that but the game itself moving forward, nope I’m done.
Change that to about ten thousand if he comes back . I haven’t seen this fan base so PO’d and united since Joker ‘s last year.

Calipari would not be losing a dime by negotiating a buyout, taking another job getting paid half of his annual salary at a new school ($4-5 million range) and the rest offsets throughout the remainder of the contract. It is not all up front. This notion has already been debunked and will be paid for the duration of the contract the diference. He goes to another job with the expectations lowered and Kentucky can move on.

Reactions: Pelosigalore
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT