ADVERTISEMENT

Why not offer the position to the one coach that actually wants it and would be a perfect fit?

Ok so you can’t say he wants the job. If he truly did he could reach out to Mitch, haven’t heard of him doing that through front, back or side channels.
Because Mitch won't consider him. Why would he risk pissing off his AD and fanbase, to beg for a job he will never be offered?

Good point. Even so, why can't fan speculate and be optimistic? Seems you enjoy watching the program burn down around you to the point that no optimism is allowed without validation for that optimism.

Weird stuff.
You’re wrong again, shocker, be as optimistic as you wanna be but that doesn’t make Pearl “want the job” any more. Condoning that is weird in my book.

Replace one 4 vs 13 loser with another

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

You’re wrong again, shocker, but people stating personal wishes as fact over and over is weak and stupid. Condoning that is weird in my book.
I like that we didn't see you for months at a time on this message board, and then one day you showed up to fulfill the role of condescending message board policeman.

Weird stuff.

So what does 1989 have to do with that is what I was asking. Still curious as to who your next guy on the list would be.
Let's call it a pattern of behavior.
As for who I'd go for? I've been saying for days that we likely end up with Pope. He’s done well under difficult circumstances. Recruiting to BYU is tough because of their standards. His teams play an exciting, modern style. They shoot a lot of 3s. Give him a short contract, with incentives and a low buyout. He's not a drunk or a womanizer, so no Billy Clyde. If he's not cutting it we move on.

Once a rat always a rat. College coaches are a tight knit fraternity and snitching on a fellow coach probably, even though time has passed, isn’t easily forgotten /excused.
The Illinois fans hate Pearl because of the Deon Thomas thing and they haven't forgot about it.

Let's call it a pattern of behavior.
As for who I'd go for? I've been saying for days that we likely end up with Pope. He’s done well under difficult circumstances. Recruiting to BYU is tough because of their standards. His teams play an exciting, modern style. They shoot a lot of 3s. Give him a short contract, with incentives and a low buyout. He's not a drunk or a womanizer, so no Billy Clyde. If he's not cutting it we move on.
That's fair...I'm not a Pope fan (as the next coach) because I don't feel like he would ever get a mention if he hadn't played here in the 90's. I think what all of this proves is after the first tier of possibilities, every candidate has their flaws. I just want to win. I don't care of that's under Billy, Pearl or Pope.

I like that we didn't see you for years on this message board, and then one day you showed up to fulfill the role of condescending role of message board policeman.

Weird stuff.
Years? I’ve been here all along since ‘11 with my single screen name, can you say the same? How many sock accounts? Check my posting history, or your creepy AF Word doc and show me a gap or absence. You can’t.

It’s a discussion board, for discussing things. If I or my posts rub you and your delicate sensibilities the wrong way feel free to use the ignore feature, won’t hurt my feelings a bit.

Keep saying “weird” when you’re the creeper keeping a Word doc on people for supporting Cal so you berate them for it. THATS WEIRD.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
Not sure why everyone recommends the coaches with the same over the top approach and attitude as Cal. Give me a quiet coach who hold his team accountable and that can build a cohesive program. Don’t need a politician or used car salesman running the program.

Reactions: ftp000
I would rather have Pitino than Pearl by far. Or I would take Todd Golden I think he's done a good job at UF with what he's had to work with. But if the top 3 say no, and that's the way it's looking, I think Rick gives us the most bank for the buck.

Does Bruce Pearl leave a place that absolutely loves him for a job where he was publicly a 4th or 5th option and the fanbase is lukewarm to?
It is in no way a guarantee that Pearl would accept an offer

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT