ADVERTISEMENT

Why is UL ranked ahead of UK?

Rockfly78

Senior
Nov 20, 2014
I have not paid any attention off season happenings. All I know is Kentucky gets up in that ass every single Thanksgiving. Did UL just do really well in the portal this off season or did they make some sort of change or something? I imagine they are still living off of that nice record against weak opponents last year. How does UK measure up against what the AP is calling the number 26 team in the country this season?

My guess is at some point there's a conference bias over actual quality. Writers get tired of SEC teams - 9 in top 25 - so they pick 3rd/4th/5th best in other conferences. There's only 3 ACC in T25. Only 7 from B1G with 18 schools. 5 from B12.

It is especially absurd as UK is the home team and has a solid roster coming back...at least on defense and TE/WR on offense....truly silly to match them over UK in polls.

It is especially absurd as UK is the home team and has a solid roster coming back...at least on defense and TE/WR on offense....truly silly to match them over UK in polls.
I think most fans would expect the Cards to have the better record when viewing the teams' opponents. They will likely be ranked higher when we meet.

If our defense isn't banged up, I really like our chances. Deone will be the best player on the field and the Cards clearly demonstrated last year that they cannot block him. UK will add one more to the current streak. Hope Cards are top 5 when we beat them.

Reactions: K_TIME
Because they
I have not paid any attention off season happenings. All I know is Kentucky gets up in that ass every single Thanksgiving. Did UL just do really well in the portal this off season or did they make some sort of change or something? I imagine they are still living off of that nice record against weak opponents last year. How does UK measure up against what the AP is calling the number 26 team in the country this season?
Because they don’t base it of one game, heck Louisville beat 3 of the teams ranked ahead of them last year. My guess is at this point in the year they think Louisville will end up with w better record than UK when all is said and done.

Reactions: Jdhays21
Because they

Because they don’t base it of one game, heck Louisville beat 3 of the teams ranked ahead of them last year. My guess is at this point in the year they think Louisville will end up with w better record than UK when all is said and done.
Flip the schedule and UofL wouldn't g ave a winning record and UK would have 9 or 10 wins.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT