ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

If you watched the Pete Rose documentary and have any takes that don’t start with the scene where Pete is complimenting Marty Brennamenn on his wife’s “jugs” with them both standing there, then I have to wonder if we watched the same doc.

So not only was he a degenerate gambler he was also a real asshole. Nothing wrong with either, I guess, unless you would like to be in the HOF. Maybe he shouldn’t have agreed to that lifetime ban after all.

1- He was not shy at all when it came to Marty’s wife and that was funny AF.

2- He agreed when they didn’t have the proof as a way to passify the situation from the news. I think he trusted Bart Giamatti and when he passed that really screwed Rose.

3- They also changed the rules so that he can’t be on the ballot because they know he’ll be a unanimous shew in.

4- I don’t care what is believed or by who. Gambling is legal at this point basically everywhere and NFL players are getting caught serving small suspensions and continuing to play.

So take the integrity part of it all and toss that nonsense because Pete has no chance of ever playing or managing. By allowing him in you are basically acknowledging how special he was and he was special.

4- I don’t care what is believed or by who. Gambling is legal at this point basically everywhere and NFL players are getting caught serving small suspensions and continuing to play.
Wait, what? They're banning dudes for 6 games for gambling on sports at an NFL facility and at least a year if they bet on NFL games. Given that an average NFL career is a couple seasons long, many of these dudes are done for good.

Well, I'm counting basketball as 3 separate golds as the Lord intended.
I told my wife they should make it like gymnastics, swimming, and diving, and give out a crapload of those things... Gold for 3-point shooting; gold for FT shooting; gold for assists; etc., etc. Seemed like the Chinese won about 3/4 of their medals in diving and ping pong. :p

Put the man in as a player, it’s a no brainer!
I've debated this to the point of fatigue over the years, but all I ask now is, if they don't put him in while he's living, don't bother. I am 99% sure they're going to do it posthumously, and that's a shitty thing to do. Stick to your guns and keep him out, or get him in soon.

Hey Matt - can't remember if I asked you before
Wes Blondell fm Middlesboro was my HS best friends' step father -

Would he have been related to you & yours?

PS - not sure if you've had Ike's wings in M'Boro - they're pretty freaking good

FWIW - have a pleasant Monday air-bodah
Yes that was my Uncle. Larry’ brother. Cool man who played in a jazz band in Louisville for a lot of his life

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT