ADVERTISEMENT

Why Is No One Mentioning Rick Barnes As Next UK Coach?

Perhaps you haven't been paying attention ....but no coach has underachieved in March like Rick Barnes since Dale Brown was wandering the sidelines at LSU .
Hard pass

Reactions: The Snoke
How about Ed Cooley? He runs really good stuff and with the talent he could get at UK he would kill it.

He's about as exciting as Billie G. No way he could handle the fishbowl. You've got too have an ego the size of New York to coach here.

Reactions: The Snoke
He didn't turn us down, he took his name out of consideration, when it wasn't in consideration
Oh ok. I admit I was wrong. For some reason I thought he was offered the job the year BCG took it. I went back and tried to find that but I was wrong. You were correct.

Reactions: JC CATS
How did I miss this thread.

No lie though. I think Rick Barnes would win a title and n Lexington. I mean that’s what the job is. The springboard to a title

• Wow
Reactions: JC CATS
Years ago Rick Barnes was the punch line in being named as the next coach for whatever school was looking to hire a vacancy for a basketball coaching position. Fast pace Today and nobody ever brings his name up. UT leads the country in defense in numerous categories and Barnes has beaten Cal straight up in 6 of the last 9 games played between UT and UK. I for one think Barnes would be a great hire, but does anyone think he would leave the great position he is in with UT to jump into the pressure cooking job and pressure of being the head Coach of Kentucky basketball 🏀?
I've seen on here that he has declined our head coaching position about 187 times in the last 15 years.

Years ago Rick Barnes was the punch line in being named as the next coach for whatever school was looking to hire a vacancy for a basketball coaching position. Fast pace Today and nobody ever brings his name up. UT leads the country in defense in numerous categories and Barnes has beaten Cal straight up in 6 of the last 9 games played between UT and UK. I for one think Barnes would be a great hire, but does anyone think he would leave the great position he is in with UT to jump into the pressure cooking job and pressure of being the head Coach of Kentucky basketball 🏀?
Barnes couldn’t handle the job. Look at his record then look at Cal’s record in the Tourney.

Looks like you deleted your profile or something? Hope all is ok with you.
[laughing] Nope got whacked with a ban hammer...been comfy in my tigers den savoring the Joe Brrr magic show...

joe-burrow-bengals.gif

Reactions: sts4577
Why would he leave Tennessee for here? He has them in a much better place than we are.

Because Kentucky fans don’t want to watch that style of play.

Who can blame them? We haven’t had a coach that prioritized offense or was willing to switch defenses in over 25 years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT