ADVERTISEMENT

why Fridays?

Feb 16, 2022
my whole life we have played on sat then tuesday or wednesday.
then cal started playing ooc games on friday.
now pope is trying to put butts in seats to raise money.
does anybody realize that there are a few thousand familys in KY that have children playing high school football? alot of those empty seats are due to people at hs games. seems like poor planning to me.

Reactions: Fox2monk
my whole life we have played on sat then tuesday or wednesday.
then cal started playing ooc games on friday.
now pope is trying to put butts in seats to raise money.
does anybody realize that there are a few thousand familys in KY that have children playing high school football? alot of those empty seats are due to people at hs games. seems like poor planning to me.
Were you honestly planning to spend $300 or $400 to take your family to watch practice? The entire idea was a bad one. At least with professional sports I pay for a ticket and don’t have people begging me for donations at every opportunity.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Were you honestly planning to spend $300 or $400 to take your family to watch practice? The entire idea was a bad one. At least with professional sports I pay for a ticket and don’t have people begging me for donations at every opportunity.
no.
but im not only talking about tonight but other early in the year games as well. just a pet peeve.

no.
but im not only talking about tonight but other early in the year games as well. just a pet peeve.
UK only plays 2 Friday games: Jackson State on Nov 22 and Georgia State on Nov 29. They also play football games on the following Saturdays: Texas on Nov 23 and Louisville on Nov 30.

UK isn't trying to cannibalize itself by putting on competing basketball and football events. Most high school teams will be eliminated from playoff contention by these dates.

Tuesday/Saturday is a conference thing.

Early season is random and is meant to not clash with football.

You don’t see a lot of Saturday college basketball games until the period between the conference championship football games and bowl season. I have been to Friday UK basketball games under Pitino, Tubby, Gillispie and Cal. Most of them were in November.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT