ADVERTISEMENT

Why can’t Billy D accept job now?

Jan 29, 2012
I don’t get it. He’s coaching a team in the NBA that isn’t going to get out of 1st round of playoffs if they even make it. He’s going to be 59 years old in May. If he truly wants to coach at Ky then engage in discussions and accept it if you want it. Have an assistant finish up the year if necessary. Who cares! This will be his last stint as a coach in all likelihood so just make the move or tell us you’re not interested for the 3rd time under Mitch. It’s just ridiculous that we can’t speak to him or have him say yes or no tonight or tomorrow.

Reactions: Wildcatjedi
I asked the same question earlier. It seems none of the pundits or any of us can supply a formal reason he can’t, except “their season isn’t over.” It remains a mystery to me.

I don’t get it. He’s coaching a team in the NBA that isn’t going to get out of 1st round of playoffs if they even make it. He’s going to be 59 years old in May. If he truly wants to coach at Ky then engage in discussions and accept it if you want it. Have an assistant finish up the year if necessary. Who cares! This will be his last stint as a coach in all likelihood so just make the move or tell us you’re not interested for the 3rd time under Mitch. It’s just ridiculous that we can’t speak to him or have him say yes or no tonight or tomorrow.
Cause he is not interested or is he going to come

Maybe because their season isnt over?
Or, maybe its a bad look to be searching for jobs when you are coaching a professional team getting ready to play for a spot in the post season?

I think the same folks here complaining that Billy D doesn't walk away from the Bulls five days before they begin the playoffs are the same ones who trashed Sharpe and Vanderbilt for not suiting up for UK. Understand...everybody is not Cal, some people have morals and loyalty. Honestly do you want a coach who would quit on his team five days before the playoffs begin???

Reactions: Bkocats
Doesn’t Donovan have an agent? He could give UK some idea on Donovan’s interest. If he says no interest, move on.

Would it be possible he’s already signed but keeping quiet because of the playoffs?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT