ADVERTISEMENT

Who's your top 8

johnnybalt

Junior
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2004
I've been thinking a lot about seeding for the tourney, and it got me wondering who the actual top 8 teams are right now. I know the metrics can differ a lot and this kind of ranking is far from scientific - I'm factoring in record, SOS, conference, momentum, talent level (the eye test).
Here's my cut at it:

1 - UK (obvs)
2 - Wisconsin - they've got a go-to big and shooters, they play very good D, and they don't turn the ball over.
3 - Duke - they've won some huge games on the road and are very talented. Average D prevents them from being higher.
4 - Arizona - the opposite of Duke in terms of offense/defense. Might even flip them and Duke since defense normally wins the day when push comes to shove in March.
5 - UVA - I know some will have them higher and their record suggests that, but they just don't scare me as much as the above teams.
6 - Nova - I've barely watched them, and for some reason I'm assuming they're overrated (maybe I'm way off).
7 - Zags - they've got talent but their schedule is a joke and they're a bit on the soft side.
8 - KU - they've had a very good, but not great season. Lots of talent on the roster, but likely a little undermanned (Perry Ellis, Alexander).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.