Kareem Abdul-Jabbar - 7'2"
Magic Johnson - 6'8"
Michael Jordan - 6'6"

Bill Russell. Indidually not the best but best team player
Oscar. Controlled the game
MJ.
Tim Duncan
Larry Bird

Players to consider: Wilt, Kareem, Shaq, Olajuwon, Duncan, Dirk, Malone, Elgin Baylor, Bird, LeBron, Durrant, Jordan, Kobe, West, Big O, Magic, Curry. Some may add Russell, Garnett, Barkley.

I'll go:
Wilt
Bird
Kobe
Jordan
Curry

The only variance I accept is depending on how you want to play.

Jordan
Magic
James
Bird
One of Kareem, Russell, or Duncan

That’s the modern lineup. If you wanted to be super big, then you’d throw another big guy in there instead of James, Magic, or Bird.

If you can choose players from across generations, then you have to decide on which era you'll be playing in.

Personally, I prefer to play in the rough-and-tumble 80s. That would mean I'd add Lebron. He's got the body to take and deliver the contact. He'd whine about it, of course, but he'd be effective. Jordan is on the team, of course. And Shaq would've been great in that era.

1 -- Magic
2 -- Jordan
3 -- Larry
4 -- Lebron
5 -- Shaq

Curry
Michael Jordan
Larry Bird
Lebron
Shaq

I'd rock this squad in the 90's early 00's

Last edited:
The most disagreement I see at a position is at C.

So how do the top 4-5 at each position look (from newest to oldest)?
C: Jokic, Shaq, Olajuwon, Kareem, Wilt, Russell
PF: Giannis, Duncan, Dirk, Garnett, Malone, Barkley
SF: Anthony Edwards, Durrant, Lebron, Pippen, Bird, Dr J, Elgin Baylor
SG: Wade, Kobe, Iverson, Jordan
PG: Curry, Stockton, Thomas, Magic, Oscar Robinson, West

Last edited:
Reactions: smallmouthhog
It’s not hard to make the argument he’s the greatest forward ever…
It actually is easy to say he's not.

All he really has is longevity records and that is due to the pansfication of the league allowing him to player longer than others. MJ would put up 40 a game in this era, Bird would dominate and have much less injuries. Big O basically invented the triple double in an era it was unheard of.

LeBron has had to jump from team to team joining or bringing in other superstars to win titles and that hasn't worked super well for him (4-6 in the finals). Could you imagine Bird, Magic, or MJ with another top ten talent on their team like AD not making the playoffs??? Or a team with Bird, Magic and MJ together not setting every record? No chance that team only wins 2 titles.

I'll go further and say he's not the best forward of his era as Tim Duncan was. Duncan has more titles and didn't have to jump around or draw in top tier players like LeBron. Duncan's cast was also not what LeBron had.

Not saying LeBron is a bad player at all, he is a great player. He's just not as top tier as the media pushes down everyone's throat. GOAT? No chance. Top 10? Maybe.

• Love
Reactions: KFuqua and cat tat2
I think the <40 group has hyped up James too much, like they do everything else.
But.... not for certain top 10? Uh, you're not going to find many who agree with you on that. I don't see how you can't have James in at least top 5.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT