ADVERTISEMENT

Who's Better?

Jan 21, 2013
Noah or Perry? Personally I think Noah will be the better player. How much better is TBD. I like both of their games, but Noah seems to be the more physical player with an ability to create his own shot. Perry will take a couple of years to adjust IMO. By the time they are seniors we should have one hell of a duo on ours hands.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
They are different players with different strengths, I would say Perry is the better ball handler and passer and Noah has more size and can be more physical. Both are excellent shooters and will do good in Pope's system, I'm not ready to say ones better than the other.

Reactions: westerncat
I see it kinda like this, Both of those guys would have probably been lost or down the bench under Calipari, because he wouldn't know how to use their strengths. They'd end up lost in the shuffle. But to make a football comparison, I look at Popes system a bit like people looked at Mike Leach. Leach could take a QB who was mediocre by most standards and the system maximized their abilities and because of the system they were throwing for 4000+ yards and 30+ TD's. I see players like Noah and Perry thriving in a system like Pope will employ to get them open shots and allow them to showcase their abilities.

Just my two cents.

Oddly enough, I also think Noah. The numbers side with Perry, but the eye test just tells me Noah has a higher upside with more versatility. Regardless, I feel both will be solid role pieces in the coming years if they stick around.

They could average 1 point each or 100 points each or one could average 20 and the other could average 75 or they could both average 11. My point is they could both average around 7 or 35 or even perhaps closer to 50.

Reactions: CatDadCoog
Noah or Perry? Personally I think Noah will be the better player. How much better is TBD. I like both of their games, but Noah seems to be the more physical player with an ability to create his own shot. Perry will take a couple of years to adjust IMO. By the time they are seniors we should have one hell of a duo on ours hands.
Let’s hope that its Dillingham vs Sheppard take 2- only for the next 3 years!

I have no idea, but I think ultimately for either of them, it will come down to the combination of craftiness/quickness.

I agree either of them would've struggled big time under Calipari. However, even within Pope's offense, whoever is able to get enough separation for better shots will probably make a bigger impact.

Competitive players make each other better.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
What's a senior?

• Haha
Reactions: BucN1Cat
Regardless, I think people need to lower their expectations for year one of both. They may be contributors, but I don’t expect to the level of Reed.

I see it kinda like this, Both of those guys would have probably been lost or down the bench under Calipari, because he wouldn't know how to use their strengths. They'd end up lost in the shuffle. But to make a football comparison, I look at Popes system a bit like people looked at Mike Leach. Leach could take a QB who was mediocre by most standards and the system maximized their abilities and because of the system they were throwing for 4000+ yards and 30+ TD's. I see players like Noah and Perry thriving in a system like Pope will employ to get them open shots and allow them to showcase their abilities.

Just my two cents.
I think that's an excellent analogy, TrueBlue ! Thanks for making the point.
And, as an aside ... a belated RIP to Coach Leach - one of the great minds in the history of college football. I had an unusual opportunity at a social gathering during Derby week one year, when most all of the crowd was enthralled by what was going on on the performance stage - but not Coach Leach, or me, or about a half-dozen other guys back in the back. I sat at a table with Coach Leach - just the two of us - and listened to him talk football for 45 minutes ! A wonderful experience. I'll never forget it !
Go Coach Pope ! Go 'Cats ! ! !

What they did in HS is pretty irrelevant at this point - whole new ball game now. So I think of it more like this...

For what made Perry so successful in HS, will that now translate to the college game?

For what made Noah so successful in HS, will that now translate to the college game?

If Noah was a bully that could use his strength/size to his advantage in HS, probably won't have that luxury at the college level - at least in the immediate future

It's kind of an apples versus oranges comparison as to which is better since one is a shortish scoring point guard and the other a forward with
small forward height but a power forward body. Both are brilliant shooters. I think Noah's ceiling, unless he has a growth spurt, is that of a situational
stretch four whereas Perry's ceiling is much higher. Perry has all the skills you'd want and a release quick enough to get his shots off in spite of his
height. I see Perry as a starter and very good player by his junior year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT