ADVERTISEMENT

Who wears a black hat

TriCountyCat

Junior
Dec 5, 2010
Corbin, Ky
I love that we are hated by the media and other fan bases. Cal is obviously disrespected and hated. Is there any other coach even close to him that also wears a black hat in college basketball? I can’t think of one, I’m ready to embrace the evil empire tag that has been placed on us and I hope Cals replacement is ruthless as hell. I wish Cal would even be a little more harsh when it comes to officiating, calling out the media and other teams recruiting practices.

Wrong premise;

Cal wears the white hat. Others hate that he does and they try their best to jab at him from the shadows. When you shed light on anything that likes the dark they will try to stop you.

Cal could be; (Dare I state) The "John Wayne" of college basketball....

Wrong premise;

Cal wears the white hat. Others hate that he does and they try their best to jab at him from the shadows. When you shed light on anything that likes the dark they will try to stop you.

I guess an example was how the media portrayed Cal when he was watching out for the kids first and fully adopted the one and done rule. Made a mockery of and was ruining college basketball. Now that K adopted it there is nothing wrong with it and it’s revolutionized the game.

Reactions: BBUK
Wrong premise;

Going to agree with BBUK here. In fact, Cal is a man of faith, one of our brothers in body and blood. We know from the Man himself the world will hate us - just look at what's being done to the children at Covington.

Reactions: TriCountyCat
I guess an example was how the media portrayed Cal when he was watching out for the kids first and fully adopted the one and done rule. Made a mockery of and was ruining college basketball. Now that K adopted it there is nothing wrong with it and it’s revolutionized the game.

I knew what you meant and wasn't trying to be contrary to you but I despise the media and what they try so hard to do with people the likes of Coach K. It is such a lie and there is really no need to do what the media does but they do it anyway knowing exactly what they are doing.

You'd think (Who'd a thunk it.) the media would fawn all over a guy like Cal who does everything correctly on and off the court as far as anyone knows. Yeah, K has won a few but geez, stand Cal and K next to each other and you could easily start disliking K without ever knowing him and what he does...jmuo

I’m for sure not saying he wears a black hat to us. He goes to Mass every day for Gods sake and has his players washing feet. It’s also obviously that the talking heads ignore this and make him out to be all that’s wrong with CBB.

Reactions: BBUK
Going to agree with BBUK here. In fact, Cal is a man of faith, one of our brothers in body and blood. We know from the Man himself the world will hate us - just look at what's being done to the children at Covington.

Racist, hypocrite filth hurling racist vomit at kids .......... though the kids aren't saying anything racist. Does it get any crazier?

What a sick, disgusting scene.

Bruce Pearl is also somewhat of a black hat. But I hate to put him in the same conversation with Cal.

For those that like “Kingpin”. Coach K, Bil Self, and Roy Williams are the Ernie McCraken of CBB
For those that like “Kingpin”. Coach K, Bil Self, and Roy Williams are the Ernie McCraken of CBB
Your correct there have never been three more lying hypocrites , fake and phony bastards in the sport of college basketball!!

Both very different from Cal, but RMK and Jerry Tarkanian come to mind as other HOF-caliber coaches who were also lightning rods for criticism ... and kind of embraced that role.

JT was nearing being a loon of sorts. (I didn't state a bad sort.) He took some tangents far...

B324-D502-E229-48-E4-8768-FED1-CF680863.jpg

Arkansas is the only college program that has embraced the black hat off the top of my head. Pistons. Steelers. Raiders. Who else?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT