ADVERTISEMENT

Who is your favorite player from any of Kentucky's rivals: Duke, UNC, Tennessee, Indiana, Kansas, Louisville, etc?

I liked Johnny Dawkins at Duke but hes the only Dukie and I liked Sam Perkins at UNC.....piss on Tennessee,Kansas and UConn.
As for Louisville,I never got to watch him play there but Wes Unseld was a really nice man and a hell of a basketball player.

Reactions: RunninRichie
UNC Raymond Felton
Duke Battier.. Reddick once he was a pro
UL Francisco Garcia and Russ Smith were good competitors
Kansas Mason or Heinrich
Tennessee Lofton and Slay
Florida Bradley Beal or David Lee
Indiana Jackson Davis

Louisville - in this order - Everick Sullivan, DeJuan Wheat, Reece Gaines, LaBradford Smith
Duke - none
UNC - none
Tennessee - none
Indiana - Calvert Cheaney
Kansas - Rex Walters

Reactions: RunninRichie
I've always respected Shane Battier. He always seemed like a clean player with great values: education, hard work, philanthropy.
Dyron Nix from UT back in the day...outstanding college player, a rebounding machine... never knew why he didn't stick in the NBA.... he was fun to watch in college

Tennessee -- Allan Houston
Duke -- Grant Hill
Louisville -- Montrezl Harrell
UCLA -- Bill Walton / Reggie Miller toss up
UNC -- MJ
Kansas -- Wilt
Indiana -- Larry Bird**

Not a rival

Michigan - Glen Rice

**Good on him for leaving IU after a month.

While he wasn’t my favorite player, I liked watching Marshall Henderson. I’d compare it to watching someone hit a atomic bomb with a hammer ( it was just a matter of time until he did something everyone regretted). He was definitely a maker not just a shooter and he didn’t care whose fans he pissed off, his or the opposing team’s fans.

Michael Jordan: the GOAT and my childhood icon. Thought I could be like Mike, man.

Louisville - DeJuan Wheat
Tennessee - Vincent Yarbrough
Duke - Corey Maggette
UNC - Vince Carter
UConn - Ray Allen
Kansas - Kenny Gregory
Indiana - Calbert Cheaney
UCLA - Tyus Edney

Looking at that list, I'm pretty partial to wing players.

Yea I’m good on the Yarbrough love there Saul. Couldn’t stand that mf. I mean I guess If a gun was to my sons head I’d say Bradshaw for a UT player.

Kansas - Adolph Rupp......and Wilt
Indiana - Ugghhh, this is tough......Calbert Chaney, I guess - or Greg Graham. Great players both, it's just that I despise that program, its fan base and its former coach, little cowardly-baby corporal bobby knight.
louavul - The 1975 team: Bill Bunton, Wesley Cox, Junior Bridgeman, Allen Murphy and Phil Bond (I was in 8th grade and hadn't developed my hate just yet for the school that has no true basketball fans.....they're ALL UK haters)
UNC - Larry Brown
Duke - Mike Gminksi
UT - Nope! Can't do it! No such player exists! However, maybe my "proudest" UT moment is when I learned Ray Mears was no longer coaching. 2nd "proudest" moment is when I learned Don DeVoe was no longer coaching. Couldn't stand either one of them!!! Especially DeVoe, he of the corporal bobby knight coaching tree.

I wouldn’t necessarily say they were my favorites, rather I respected them as opponents:
Louisville- Gorgui Dieng
Kansas- Frank Mason
Duke- Zion Williamson
UNC- Armando Bacot
Indiana- Yogi Ferell
Tennessee- Chris Lofton
Florida- Patric Young

Not a fan, but I respected the athletic gifts and/or abilities of:

LSU: Shaq
Tenn: King
UNC: Worthy
Michigan St: Magic
Duke: Hill
Kansas: Manning
Louisville: Griffith
Indiana: Chitwood
Marquette: Wade
UCLA: I don't remember the "great" greats so I'll go with Pooh Richardson
Arkansas: Williamson
Houston: Olajuwon
Georgetown: Iverson
Florida: Jason Williams
UGA: Wilkins
NCSU: Webb
WFU: Duncan
Michigan: Glen Rice
Military Academy: David Robinson (USNA)
Mid-Major: Bird (ISU)

Here endeth the lesson.....

GBB!

Reactions: azurricat2010
I don’t love players from rival schools. If I named one that I believe deserves respect above the rest I guess I’d say Lane Kiffin as a former coach of a rival. I love that guy.
My fan boy attitude with him scares my wife. It's ridiculous.

Reactions: Gromcat
My fan boy attitude with him scares my wife. It's ridiculous.

No lie I was watching him during his last press conference and he did that douchy awesomeness…apparently without realizing it I said something a few times and my wife asked me “did you just say “oh lane?”

I was like damn I did! I even said it like a college girl!🤣

I actually really like Lamar Jackson (if we are including football)

I doubted that kid in the NFL until I couldn't doubt any more. He's nothing but humble and works hard. Hard to root against.

Reactions: EKYCard643
No lie I was watching him during his last press conference and he did that douchy awesomeness…apparently without realizing it I said something a few times and my wife asked me “did you just say “oh lane?”

I was like damn I did! I even said it like a college girl!🤣
Truth...About week 3 or 4 my wife asks why I'm always watching Ole Miss football games. She knows squat about sports. I go into this way too long explanation of Lane. She just rolls her eyes and walks away after standing there dumbfounded listening to me explain my man-crush.

• Haha
Reactions: Gromcat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT