ADVERTISEMENT

Who is your favorite player from any of Kentucky's rivals: Duke, UNC, Tennessee, Indiana, Kansas, Louisville, etc?

downthehatch

Blue Chip Prospect
Mar 29, 2009
I've always respected Shane Battier. He always seemed like a clean player with great values: education, hard work, philanthropy.

Wojo and the stomper. I kid. Agree with Runt on Lofton. Always respected him. He went about his business, just lighting us up every time without acting like a maniac. One of the biggest misses for our program in my lifetime.

Until this season, none of them from any of them. Hated them all.

But to be honest, even thought I hate admitting it out loud, I kind of like watching Bacot play. Kid just plays hard, doesn’t complain, no pouting or whining. Hustles. So there you go.

i hate you.

Until this season, none of them from any of them. Hated them all.

But to be honest, even thought I hate admitting it out loud, I kind of like watching Bacot play. Kid just plays hard, doesn’t complain, no pouting or whining. Hustles. So there you go.

i hate you.

Ron Mercer is my favorite UK player. Loved Mashburn, Antione Walker, Roderick Rhodes, and Derek Smith too but Ron Mercer was my favorite.

Reactions: Blueheart32
Well I’m old enough to have seen Bernard King play at UT. Probably the best college player I ever saw other than Pete Maravich. Nobody I liked since him though.

I liked Brian Davis at Duke. Met him in 2002, super nice guy. I honestly only remember the Duke players I hated, which is most of them. ;-)

Always liked Kirk Hinrich at Kansas. Reminded me of Kevin Grevey.

Anyone who played at UNC or UL is automatically hated. ;-)

Well I’m old enough to have seen Bernard King play at UT. Probably the best college player I ever saw other than Pete Maravich. Nobody I liked since him though.

I liked Brian Davis at Duke. Met him in 2002, super nice guy. I honestly only remember the Duke players I hated, which is most of them. ;-)

Always liked Kirk Hinrich at Kansas. Reminded me of Kevin Grevey.

Anyone who played at UNC or UL is automatically hated. ;-)
Yeah me too. Just couldn’t make myself type Bert and/or Ernie. I still believe Caywood is lurking.

Wesley Cox of UL. UK and UL didn't play then.

I just did the math. That was 47 years ago. If someone had talked to me then about someone 47 years prior to that (1928) I would thought them insane. That would have been 2 years prior to Adolph Rupp becoming coach.

Sorry. Forget I said anything.

Reactions: CGblue
Duke: Jack Marin
North Carolina at Chapel Hill: Larry Miller
Indiana: Tom & Dick Van Arsdale
Tennessee: Rodney Woods
Kansas: Jo Jo White
Louisville: Butch Beard

Louisville - DeJuan Wheat
Tennessee - Vincent Yarbrough
Duke - Corey Maggette
UNC - Vince Carter
UConn - Ray Allen
Kansas - Kenny Gregory
Indiana - Calbert Cheaney
UCLA - Tyus Edney

Looking at that list, I'm pretty partial to wing players.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
UNC: Michael Jordan, Vince Carter
Kansas: Kirk Hinrich
Duke: ….man....I guess Bobby Hurley just because of his brief spot in Blue Chips
Tennessee: Chris Lofton
Indiana: Calbert Cheney
Louisville: Clifford Rozier

Perry Ellis. It's hard not to root for the old guy.

CZ_9fwTXEAAJ9Y8.png

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT