ADVERTISEMENT

Who is our strength coach…

and what exactly does he do with this team to deserve the title?
That's EXACTLY what I want to know!!! Most of our players look scrawny compared to years past (like Mashburn, for example...he was a BEAST). Some look like they have bird legs (if they have muscles, they are well hidden) and seem to be very afraid of contact. Soft.

GO BIG BLUE!!!💙💙💙

Last edited:
It really is that noticeable isn't it.

Truth is truth. Truth is why we got man handled in Columbia and truth is why Z played 3 minutes tonight and we rotate 3 7 foot guys.

Skinny skinny skinny.

Last edited:
That's EXACTLY what I want to know!!! Most of our players look scrawny compared to years past (like Mashbrun, for example...he was a BEAST). Some look like they have bird legs (if they have muscles, they are well hidden) and seem to be very afraid of contact. Soft.

GO BIG BLUE!!!💙💙💙
Not sure who Mashbrun is but I know Mashburn. Mashburn had a frame like a linebacker lol not hardly the same. These kids have before and after pictures and all of them are pretty ripped, basketball players don’t want a ton of bulk, have to shoot the ball and move.

Not sure who Mashbrun is but I know Mashburn. Mashburn had a frame like a linebacker lol not hardly the same. These kids have before and after pictures and all of them are pretty ripped, basketball players don’t want a ton of bulk, have to shoot the ball and move.
Sorry for the typo. Corrected.

• Haha
Reactions: chattanoogawildcat
I don’t think Adu looks weak. Never thought Oscar looked weak.

Onyenso doesn’t look weak. Big Z looks much stronger than he did last summer.

Mitchell doesn’t look weak. But he plays weak. Being a 5th year guy at his 3rd or 4th school that’s hard to blame on the current coach.

Maybe we should get some big strong guys with no basketball skills and win home games with SEC officials and nothing else?

Mitchell doesn’t look weak. But he plays weak. Being a 5th year guy at his 3rd or 4th school that’s hard to blame on the current coach.

Maybe we should get some big strong guys with no basketball skills and win home games with SEC officials and nothing else?
Exactly

Reactions: MdWIldcat55

Seems that Cal mentioned that South Carolina was too physical for our guys. Tonight how many shots were missed because our guys could finish at the rim, Thierry included with three consecutive shots under the basket.

Another false choice fallacy by the guy who swore up and down Reeves would ride the bench this year.

Reactions: Samurai Cat

UGO does not look weak but he looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane. He hates contact. Man I miss the days of Rick Roby, charles Hurt, Winston Bennet, Mike Phillips, Mel Turpin Big Cuz and such. Guys looked like a brood squad. Roby and Phillips looked like they could beat you with a tooth pick.

UGO does not look weak but he looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane. He hates contact. Man I miss the days of Rick Roby, charles Hurt, Winston Bennet, Mike Phillips, Mel Turpin Big Cuz and such. Guys looked like a brood squad. Roby and Phillips looked like they could beat you with a tooth pick.
UGO has very weak hands and forearm strength.

Reactions: Wildcats1st

Thiero needs to slim down. He’s gained weight. Ugo needs more beef. He’s not totally weak but he is very light. Really all our bigs are light. Thiero is our only real guy who can play physical. Mitchell does play weak you’re right about that but it’s because he’s trying to prevent fouling. He lets guys beat him.

I’m shocked that he doesn’t have a bunch of teenaged ectomorphs who get more cardio than 99.9% of the population yoked up in the 6-7 months he’s had them.

It really is that noticeable isn't it.

Truth is truth. Truth is why we got man handled in Columbia and truth is why Z played 3 minutes tonight and we rotate 3 7 foot guys.

Skinny skinny skinny.
How did we let Z drop 30 pounds?

Cal hasn’t seen him since he hired him, but he heard that he injured his ankle in October and has a high ankle sprain, they expect him back in March to work with the players before the draft workouts.

• Haha
Reactions: Fox2monk
and what exactly does he do with this team to deserve the title?
I agree, nobody on this team looks bigger this year. Maybe Ugo a little bit. Everyone else is a skinny little weakling in there. Rob is improved since summer but he was real small, and Adou. Those 3 put in work. The rest are weak man, I know they started even weaker. Some of these elite players need to start lifting earlier in HS.

Reactions: true blue1

More like a coach who isn't a stubborn has-been jackass and knows what the F he's doing... [laughing]

ausqk79.png

Cal has said on more than one occasion that the other team was too physical for our guys.

I agree but most of those teams have spent 4+ years in a strength and conditioning program at collegiate level. High school kids in AAU circuit don't lift unless they are doing so on their own. They run.

Well it looks like he is losing his starting spot because he can’t or won’t battle. How about Edwards, same thing?
Edward’s was one of the freshman they didn’t put any body transformation pictures out.

Nothing wrong with our strength program.
Guys are who they are.
The big kid at SC was developed at Wofford before he got to SC.
FWIW, KD couldn't get 1 rep@185 at the combine.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT