ADVERTISEMENT

Who in the heck is KSR running out as commentators now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

K_TIME

All-American
Jan 2, 2003
Come on KSR...having these dudes on commentary. The red head could not even look in the camera or complete an intellectual basketball thought.

I could run out my 12 year old and a random grandma off the bingo hall and get better basketball insight....Geez how fall this site has fallen.

ksrs-rapid-reaction-kentucky-mbb-2023-pro-day.png

Come on KSR...having these dudes on commentary. The red head could not even look in the camera or complete an intellectual basketball thought.

I could run out my 12 year old and a random grandma off the bingo hall and get better basketball insight....Geez how fall this site has fallen.

does the guy on the left have painted on eyebrows? sure looks like it

Really? Do you have stats on that?

This is not a slam on Matt, but I haven't seen anything of value come out of KSR (other than the restaurant) in many years now.
The restaurant ain’t all that, at least as far as the food goes.

Really? Do you have stats on that?

This is not a slam on Matt, but I haven't seen anything of value come out of KSR (other than the restaurant) in many years now.

#34 sports podcast in the country. That's pretty damn good considering we are 26th largest state by population in the country.

Reactions: Fox2monk
The restaurant ain’t all that, at least as far as the food goes.
I’ve never visited there yet but I assumed it would be pretty much like scaled up bar food. I’ve heard it does good business and that the food was decent from quite a few folks but everyone has preferences.

Reactions: gojvc

You're right you should start a site and take them on. I'm sure you'll do it way better.

I interact with these guys on another site. Nice guys but I rarely agree with their takes. Yesterday it was something about Thiero having to be able to make 3's in order to play any significant minutes. To me that is about the most asinine thing ever.

There has to be a "threat" to make a three. Not that he needs to shoot 35%. That dude does so much on the floor he will get mins based off defense, intangibles and athleticism. Before he tweaked ankle last night, did you all see him? Dude is sheet rock now. I think he is going to be surprise of the team....ha, and funny enough he made the only 3 he took.

Last edited:
It's why I stopped listening. There's no value in it. Maybe it's changed.
As other have said I don't listen for the sports aspect of it, it's just an entertaining show. Not for everybody though.

I interact with these guys on another site. Nice guys but I rarely agree with their takes. Yesterday it was something about Thiero having to be able to make 3's in order to play any significant minutes. To me that is about the most asinine thing ever.

There has to be a "threat" to make a three. Not that he needs to shoot 35%. That dude does so much on the floor he will get mins based off defense, intangibles and athleticism. Before he tweaked ankle last night, did you all see him? Dude is sheet rock now. I think he is going to be surprised if the team....ha, and funny enough he made the only 3 he took.
Thiero is just one of those "jack of all trades" dudes you need on every team. And he bring energy

But what does that even mean? 100 people listen to it? The radio show has very little to do with sports at this point anymore.
it actually became more popular among all audiences when they went away from sports all the time. I believe it’s on over 40 affiliates and is #1 amongst all demographics (including women). While they lost sone of the die hard sports fans who wanted sports only, they gained many more listeners who don’t care about the sports aspect.

As other have said I don't listen for the sports aspect of it, it's just an entertaining show. Not for everybody though.
Think about what you just said. You just said “I don’t listen to Kentucky Sports Radio for sports.”

And you’re still trying to defend them as valuable radio station. That’s like calling the plumber and getting the electrician. No matter how good the electrician is he can’t fix your pipes.

But what does that even mean? 100 people listen to it? The radio show has very little to do with sports at this point anymore.

Yeah, that's what it means. 100 people listen.

I'll never understand why people pay at a premium to run business ads during the radio show, and then turn around and pay KSR to do live radio remotes at their businesses with such a failing culture.

Reactions: BlueWorldOrder74
And you’re still trying to defend them as valuable radio station. That’s like calling the plumber and getting the electrician. No matter how good the electrician is he can’t fix your pipes.

What exactly are they going to talk about during the dead period of the summer besides giving recruiting updates? No way in hell I'd listen to that filler garbage for 2 hours. Just turn on another sports talk radio station, like anything by ESPN. They will literally tell you the same shit over and over.

There has to be a "threat" to make a three. Not that he needs to shoot 35%. That dude does so much on the floor he will get mins based off defense, intangibles and athleticism. Before he tweaked ankle last night, did you all see him? Dude is sheet rock now. I think he is going to be surprised if the team....ha, and funny enough he made the only 3 he took.
Have they not seen how many guys who don’t really shoot 3’s at a high level that get a lot of minutes for Cal over the years? I mean he loves defense first, and now he’s rebounding at least in the Summer sample. He will play if he keeps that up.

Last edited:
Reactions: HagginHall1999

What's wrong with them giving college interns experience and opportunities. They don't have to be perfect and polished. Tons of them have gone onto full times jobs in sports media around the country. Weird thing to be so mad about.

Reactions: EastLansingCat
The KSR website hasn't been very good for years now, Tyler is/was good (she still write there? I don't know) but I quit reading when all the original cast of writers moved on. Listen to radio show most mornings, it's an entertaining show with enough UK sports stuff for my taste and I like all the goofy extras.

Reactions: entropy13
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT