ADVERTISEMENT

Who do you think will be a draft steal?

Ill go with Jonathan Jeanne just because he has crazy length and a solid skill set for his age. Skinny as hell so not much on the post offensively or defensively but if he improves his face up game and adds some weight he can be a solid pick up for a team.

Whoever the Spurs draft. Not on potential, the can you play now guy that has a 10+ year career.

Dillon Brooks-Oregon and Josh Hart-Nova are my choice for late 1st early 2nd round steals...
both are 6"7" 40% 3pt shooters, good handles, finish thru contact, see the floor well and do it all, not just scoring.

Ivan Rabb made a terrible choice returning for his sophomore season, he was sure fire lottery last year and is now border line first round.

I go with Swanigan and Bam. Both seem projected pretty low for what they may end up contributing in the league.

I go with Swanigan and Bam. Both seem projected pretty low for what they may end up contributing in the league.
I want to believe Bam could become a star but i could also see him becoming a JJ Hickson type player.

Monk is going to be a top 10 draft pick. It is true the dude is on the small side for shooting guard, but in today's NBA, the league is full of 6'3 guards. It would be nice if Monk could play some point in the NBA, but dude likes to shoot the ball more than getting others involved. When you can shoot the ball like Monk, you will have a roster spot somewhere Scoring is still wanted by a lot of teams. Monk can do that with the best of them.

Did you not want Anthony Davis? He wasn't a winning in H.S vs worse competition, team record was 8-30. You may say "his teammates were bad" well so was Fultz". "Bad coaching" yep same with Fultz. Talent is talent and you can't beat teams by you're self .

Should teams give up on Boogie cuz he can't win in the NBA or AD because he constantly lose?

He will win big n Boston.

Reactions: Big_Blue79
Monk. He will run away with rookie of the year honors. What he did against UNC in Vegas was the best single performance other than Jodie Meeks I've ever seen by a UK player. His short memory will make him great. I bet he has a 60-point game his first or second year.

Reactions: YouKay
Thornwell was my first choice.

Anunoby I trhink will be a stud like Giles he was was hurt and is projected in the teens. When it's all said and done he could of been top ten if he wasn't hurt

I hate saying it but kennard may be a steal as well.

My major sleeper though is josh hart(should of left last yr) or dillan brooks

Giles IF he can stay healthy and recover to ~90% of what he was before his injuries. Obviously a humongous if.

I hope I am wrong but if he ever plays consistently in the league I will be happy for him. I don't see it. The speed and athleticism is tons elevated to the speed and athleticism of when he got hurt.

I will go with Bam not only because of Kentucky, but also how strong he came on with double doubles at the end of the season. He also has a touch on his shot, hasn't shown it yet... but I beleive it is close to being very serviceable.

Jawun Evans, the PG from Oklahoma State will be a massive steal in the draft. A little short for PGs nowadays, but has a high bball IQ and a great offensive game.

for some reason i thought leaf was returning to school. makes me feel a lot better about the ucla game next year. he killed us.

Like others have already mentioned, 2 players stand out the most to me. Caleb Swanigan and Bam Adebeyo. Choosing Bam has nothing to do with being a UK fan either.

Someone will get high lottery talent in Bam in the 20s and be extremely happy for making that pick

Call me insane, but I could see Thomas Bryant turn into a decent big man. Not an all star, but a reliable starter/first big off the bench that can out up some quality minutes. Well worth the gamble if he's still available late in the second round. I could easily see him as a Dejaun Blair type player with a good 5-6 years in the NBA while averaging 7 ppg/7rpg or even better for the team taking a chance on him despite his dreaded prognosis as a "tweener"

Reactions: JwUKFan11
It will be interesting to see if Giles comes back to what everyone thought he could be in high school. He would clearly be the steal of the draft.

To me Monk could be the next JR Smith or he could be Westbrook. Obviously if he becomes the next Westbrook he would be a steal at 7-10.

Giles IF he can stay healthy and recover to ~90% of what he was before his injuries. Obviously a humongous if.
Giles has no post game, is a poor shooter, and mediocre defender. If he gets his athleticism back he'll still be terrible in the NBA like he was at Duke.

With the way the game is evolving and a premium being on perimeter scorers/shooters guys like Luke Kennard and Monk should both be in top 5 conversation. If they're still on the board much later than the 8-12 range then they'd be the steal(s) of the draft.

On the same token, drafting front court players who are more traditional and without the ability to play multiple positions as well as shoot and score from outside 12 feet is just a risk in today's game. So if you're looking for a bust, I'd look at any PF/C prospect in the top 20 who is offensively limited and not very flexible in terms of playing outside of a traditional PF/C role.

If you want to look at a big guy later in the first round and into the second, great, but if you're a lotto team looking for some star power, scoring, and to start moving towards getting back in the play off hunt, you need to be looking at perimeter dudes who can light up the score board.

LOL that DraftExpress mock draft has the Suns taking two PGs in the first round. That ain't happening. They're gonna get Josh Jackson and be the poor man's Warriors next year.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say all of the Orgeon guys are going to be sleepers in this draft. I really like Dorsey, Brooks, and Bell.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Bam
Dennis Smith Jr - may end up best pg of the bunch if he keeps his head on straight.
Josh Hart - Feels like a dude that ends up with the spurs and plays 15 yrs in the league.

ADVERTISEMENT