• Pitino

Votes: 19 48.7%
  • Cal

Votes: 20 51.3%

• Total voters
Jan 11, 2023
Cal or Rick?

Simple question.

If you told me in 2015 this would actually be a tough choice in 2023 I would have said you’re insane. But here we are.

Give me Rick hands down.

Reactions: westerncat
America. The land of terrible binary choices. Which old person’s basket do you want to put all of your eggs in? The crazy one or the one that is near death? The one with STDs or the one that isn’t paying any attention?

If the question is like as a on the floor coach, Pitino. If the question is as a person, neither.

I don't care that Pitino had sex on a table. I don't care that he paid for an abortion. I don't care if he cheated on his wife. What i DO care about is that he's so arrogant that he thought if he went to our biggest, most-hated rival that UK fans would support him. Anyone that clueless, is about as narcistic as they come.

So...Cal.

Reactions: KFuqua and Zissou87
X and Os, Pitino. Representative of the university, Cal- but I’d say that aspect has faded some for me with him.

Personally, I’d rather have a younger coach running the show right now.

200w.gif

Reactions: chroix
This question surely makes me think of the old saying, "you're between a rock and a hard place".
Apples and oranges these two are.
People say Rick is not good since he had sex in a restaurant and paid for an abortion. The same people who feel this way forget about Bill Clinton ( I am an independent and like him) having sex in the White House, or say they back Trump with all his baggage with women (again, I liked him too), or they support a women right to choose.
Rick came to UK at a time when we were in a real bad spot and turned things around. That alone gives him a pass on all his sexual misdeeds for me.
Going to UL was the nail in the coffin for me. Then giving us the finger in Rupp; that called for someone to piss on is grave.

Coach Cal; he has killed the spirit of UK basketball even while winning a championship. He has the same traits as Rick; ego, arrogant. He seems to be a good person, gives to the community and all that, but his in game coaching just sucks. He is paid to win basketball games not be an ambassador.

Neither has gotten UK in trouble with the NCAA and won a title, so what they do off the court is their business.
But we are talking about a basketball coach so I want someone who can coach, win games, respect tradition, not give a rats a** about the media when they talk, just tell the truth, and show some respect for its fans.

Both fail on these.

Reactions: Finna_Go_HAM
If you asked me this question in 1990, '95, even 2005 (when he was at Louisville) I would've said Pitino. But now knowing all we know about him, and considering all I know about Cal, I definitely would pick Cal. When I didn't like Cal it was mostly because I didn't know anything about him.
If this question is about basketball and coaching I'd probably still take Cal.

Reactions: Zissou87
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT