ADVERTISEMENT

Who are the Blue Bloods of college basketball?

What was UNC winning? They didn’t won’t a title until 1957 by then we had 3. KU 1 IU 1.

Here are the blue bloods
Kentucky the bluest
UCLA is right behind us eclipse us if they win another title before we do
UNCheat had that undefeated 57 season been relevant since
Duke the list does grow over time
IU. Yes they have to be a blue blood with 5 titles the first in 53
And UCOnn a modern blue blood for sure but they’ve done what it takes
UCLA has more national championships, more final fours, and more conference titles. What makes them second? And why do they pass Ky if they win another title?

Let’s hear fans of other schools’ lists.
There is no definitive definition of what makes a school a blueblood. It doesn't exist. It is all a matter of opinion. Some go by titles, but only if you have some very old ones. Some go by long term status of being a contender, some go by other measures. Can you be a blueblood, then have a bad 20 year stretch, so now you're not a blueblood, but then you win three titles in 15 years, does that get you reinstated? I guess since there is no absolute definition or list of criteria, all you have to go on is majority opinion, and if you go by that, I think you are talking about
Ky
Duke
UNC
Kansas
UCLA
and maybe Indiana

If every basketball fan in the country voted on this, I think all those get in. I do not think Uconn would quite make it, but who knows.

Reactions: CaptainBoogerBuns
UCLA has more national championships, more final fours, and more conference titles. What makes them second? And why do they pass Ky if they win another title?
They need more to overcome the wins deficit. Kentucky has done with 5 different coaches for 80 years. UCLA has a string of titles from 64 to 75 then nothing again until 95. For about 3-4 decades ucla did not have a good team. Certainly before 63. UCLA is 7th in wins. Kentucky is 1 or 2 in every major category. Cal has put our tradition up as a jump ball for sure. But to grab it ucla has to win a title before us.

Reactions: Finna_Go_HAM
Would you (or anyone) take UCONNs results or UKs results in that same timeframe? Let’s take it back to 1998 or even 1996?

Tough...I mean at the end of the day if you go back to '96 they still have more NCAA titles than us....4-3....could be 5-3.

Sh*t, if they win this year they have as many as we do since 1958!

A couple of days ago I heard (Seth Greenberg and Jay Williams) refer to UConn as a Blue Blood. No doubt if they win it this year, 5 titles in 24 years is very impressive, but not sure they are Blue Bloods. They are probably at or near the top of the second tier behind who most folks consider the true Blue Bloods: Kentucky, North Carolina, Kansas and Duke (and maybe UCLA).

Everyone has their own definition, what is yours?
Yes they should be .

Ucla Uconn Kansas North Caralina and Duke thats the big boys indiana and Ky used to be.
Special Kind of ignorant or troll. KY use to be yet UCLA is a big boy?……. I’ll let you look up UCLAs last title and count KYs since then.

UCLA is West Coast IU that has finally found semi relevance again. If they didn’t dominate the 60s and 70s and only had 6 or less titles then they’d be a twin sister to IU

Special Kind of ignorant or troll. KY use to be yet UCLA is a big boy?……. I’ll let you look up UCLAs last title and count KYs since then.

UCLA is West Coast IU that has finally found semi relevance again. If they didn’t dominate the 60s and 70s and only had 6 or less titles then they’d be a twin sister to IU
Another Cal nut licker no doubt living in the past.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT