ADVERTISEMENT

Who’s Your Pick for a Freshman Sensation?

He is pretty small from the photos and videos I have seen. I don't think he is an every down RB. From watching Bush's offense at Boise. He used 3 RB's in the rotation.
I just dont know if we have the bodies to spread it around too much. Once he puts that freshman 15 on I think he will be able to carry 2/3 of the load or more. I am super interested in seeing Marquise Davis next year. He could be the most ready made freshman stud RB of the Stoops era (hard to beat Benny, but maybe).

He is pretty small from the photos and videos I have seen. I don't think he is an every down RB. From watching Bush's offense at Boise. He used 3 RB's in the rotation.
Petterson's my pick on O, he's 200+ which should be good for 15 carries/game. I'll go B. Robinson on D but one or more of the young LBs could break thru.

Question I have....will we finally see Wilcox in '24?

Petterson's my pick on O, he's 200+ which should be good for 15 carries/game. I'll go B. Robinson on D but one or more of the young LBs could break thru.

Question I have....will we finally see Wilcox in '24?
That’s a GREAT QUESTION! What is up with Jamarion Wilcox??? The staff and everyone else were super high on him and I even remember Vince singling him out as being an instant impact player? I’ve heard next to nothing since signing day? Anyone have any info? Thanks in advance.

That’s a GREAT QUESTION! What is up with Jamarion Wilcox??? The staff and everyone else were super high on him and I even remember Vince singling him out as being an instant impact player? I’ve heard next to nothing since signing day? Anyone have any info? Thanks in advance.
IIRC, Wilcox suffered either a pulled hammy or groin early in camp last Fall and they pretty much babied him the rest of the season. I can understand, those types of injuries can linger, easy to agitate, care and caution is the name of the game. But then we heard nothing about him over the Spring, that was surprising. Hope he's ready to contribute now, some comparisons to Boom Williams were made and of course Boom was a 1000+ yard rusher. His progress is one thing I'll be watching when camp opens.

IIRC, Wilcox suffered either a pulled hammy or groin early in camp last Fall and they pretty much babied him the rest of the season. I can understand, those types of injuries can linger, easy to agitate, care and caution is the name of the game. But then we heard nothing about him over the Spring, that was surprising. Hope he's ready to contribute now, some comparisons to Boom Williams were made and of course Boom was a 1000+ yard rusher. His progress is one thing I'll be watching when camp opens.

Hamstrings are the worst, Had a kid running 100m pop one that sounded like the starter piston. He went down and had to be carried off. Took a year for him to not limp.

He's a RSFR, but I think Kendrick GIlbert will have a breakout year.

After thinking about it, if I had to pick one from the incoming class. It'll be Patterson. Our RB core is strong, but for the first time in awhile, we don't have a Benny/CRod/Ray Davis type of back. So I think we'll see all of them play and Patterson has a chance to turn some heads early.

Last edited:
He's a RSFR, but I think Kendrick GIlbert will have a breakout year.

After thinking about it, if I had to pick one from the incoming class. It'll be Patterson. Our RB core is strong, but for the first time in awhile, we don't have a Benny/CRod/Ray Davis type of back. So I think we'll see all of them play and Patterson has a chance to turn some heads early.
UK's hoping Trayanum gives them what Snell, CRod, Davis did. Hope so.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
I think this will be an unusual season for us in that we have so much returning upper class talent, im not sure there will be much room for actual impact.

Ill go wr. There is room there for a 3rd wr but thats about it.

I'm not terribly optimistic, based on his performance at his previous schools. He seems... alright. Not a consistent SEC RB1.
Stoops is well aware of what he needs in a RB, guess we'll just have to trust him. Could be Stoops feels Trayanum has bounced back and forth between RB and LB that he has fresh legs for a RB. He doesn't have to run for 1500 yards, 15 solid carries a game combined with others would do.

Reactions: cksdad1163
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT