ADVERTISEMENT

Where are the magical powers you get for scoring 71 first?

That rule isn't holding true as much when teams are scoring well past 71. I doubt any specific score will have the win percentage that rule ended up having for a while

That rule isn't holding true as much when teams are scoring well past 71. I doubt any specific score will have the win percentage that rule ended up having for a while
There is no “rule”, it’s just utter nonsense.

It’s true that the first to reach each higher number has a greater statistical probability of winning than the preceding lower number. But there’s absolutely N0THING that makes 71 special or distinct from any other number in that respect. The first to 72 is more likely to win than 71, the first to 71 more likely than 70, the to 70 more likely than 69, etc.

Matt Jones made the BBN look foolish by pushing that snake oil on us and getting some gullible folks to believe it.

Reactions: shaudyshaud
Huh? 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78,79, 80 and so on have higher percentages. It’s a nonsense take that people believe with their whole heart. It’s like people who take zodiac signs seriously.

I always thought it was a joke but I believe some really believe this lol .

If this was the case we would have lost to Florida I believe
We would have beaten St. Peter’s, Kansas State, Kansas and Texas A&M. There are numerous examples, it’s not a rule, the team with the lead at the end of games wins most of the time. 71 isn’t some outlier. It has practically the same wing percentage as 69. College basketball should play to 71 if it’s a rule.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT