ADVERTISEMENT

When we get Bamba

TeoJ

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 19, 2001
Does the 40-0 talk start, or does Diallo have to come back first?

Diallo sucks and can't shoot to some on here so him coming back hurts us. Or they are just haters...

I'm not talking about you but you know who you are.

Zaytoncat biggest Never-Cal

Reactions: floatingyou
If both sign up then the dumb 40-0 talk will rachet up. Only Bamba and I'm sure most sane people will expect several losses.

Cal has talked about a couple things he would like
To do.
Go 40-0.
Have a team built around 6'6 to 6'9 athletes he can play positonless tongive him max versatility.
If we get one of diallo/Johnson and bamba that is exactly what he will have.
Not only will he load up with one of the top recruiting classes of all time, but other than green he would have 7 or 8 guys ranging from 6'6 to 7 feet that he can man down the 2-5 spots.
A nasty ass mix of athletes/talent. Not only would it make us hands down the most talented team in the country but it would mean we got a few guys that other teams will not be as good because we got who they wanted.
We will have Cal's youngest team in 8 years but maybe his
Most talented and versatile. Give cal from this summer to next march with this team and we could be talking history.

I'll say it right now, whoever thinks we are going 40-0, even with Bamba and Diallo, needs to be put in a mental hospital. Someone will take the bait and truly believe it, I'm sure if that. To think we will go undefeated with what will likely be 5 starting freshman is ridiculous. It only makes us look like idiots when we talk about it (with seriousness that is). I will never root for my Cats to lose a game but I also want no part of entering the tournament at 34-0. I want no part of that at all.

I haven't followed recruits this year closely, but... am i wrong in saying that the difference between Bamba and Richards, who we already have, isn't like the difference between Anthony Davis and Marcus Lee? I'm thinking Bamba is just a nudge above Richards, so we already pretty good with having a big man? Right?

I haven't followed recruits this year closely, but... am i wrong in saying that the difference between Bamba and Richards, who we already have, isn't like the difference between Anthony Davis and Marcus Lee? I'm thinking Bamba is just a nudge above Richards, so we already pretty good with having a big man? Right?

The big issue is the difference in Bamba and next up after Richards. As of now, who's Richard's back up? That is the issue........SKJ, go small with Washington or ??

I think Diallo may have made a mistake choosing to play the 5 on 5. Also, now that Knox and Bamba will be at UK I think he comes back if he does not make the first round. Good thing is if Johnson waits until Diallo makes his decision and Diallo stays in the draft then I think we get Johnson. Why? He knows we have a good chance of winning NC.

1. A team full of more talented freshmen lost 10 games in 2014 before figuring it out in March and making a run to the title game.

2. The best collection of talent we've seen in 20+ years didn't run the table.

3. This will be arguably Cal's 5th-best team here.

The reason that the best collection of talent in 20+ years didn't run the table is because you don't just need talent to go 40-0, you need luck.

That part isn't controllable tho. The best thing you can do is put that talent on the court as many seasons as you can and then hope luck hits one of those years.

We've had seasons of 1, 2 and 3 losses.....while the odds are horrible, I don't think it's outrageous for anyone to want it at least.

Reactions: EliteBlue
The reason that the best collection of talent in 20+ years didn't run the table is because you don't just need talent to go 40-0, you need luck.

That part isn't controllable tho. The best thing you can do is put that talent on the court as many seasons as you can and then hope luck hits one of those years.

We've had seasons of 1, 2 and 3 losses.....while the odds are horrible, I don't think it's outrageous for anyone to want it at least.

I hear you, I'm just saying this team isn't near the same level of the squads that had a shot at it. It's not as good as 2014, and they lost 10 games.

People who are expecting this team to be dominant are doing it either for lack of perspective or so they can troll if we don't go undefeated "with all those 5 stars."

Now, if we get Quade, SGA, Washington, Richards and Baker back next year and add Bagley and company, then we can talk about it.

I think Diallo may have made a mistake choosing to play the 5 on 5. Also, now that Knox and Bamba will be at UK I think he comes back if he does not make the first round. Good thing is if Johnson waits until Diallo makes his decision and Diallo stays in the draft then I think we get Johnson. Why? He knows we have a good chance of winning NC.

Bamba has not said he is coming to UK yet. Old saying " don't count your chickens before they hatch".

Reactions: _Rooster
I hear you, I'm just saying this team isn't near the same level of the squads that had a shot at it. It's not as good as 2014, and they lost 10 games.

People who are expecting this team to be dominant are doing it either for lack of perspective or so they can troll if we don't go undefeated "with all those 5 stars."

Now, if we get Quade, SGA, Washington, Richards and Baker back next year and add Bagley and company, then we can talk about it.

I agree. I mean it'll take a special team to even have a shot. I think we will be very good next season but not 2012, 2015 or even 2010 levels.

Bamba has not said he is coming to UK yet. Old saying " don't count your chickens before they hatch".
I've always been crazy but it kept me from going insane. I see and hear things that no one else does. Believe Bamba is coming, and I don't think it will be in June. If Diallo goes Johnson cometh. If Diallo stays Johnson may go but may cometh. Bamba he cometh. Why? I see and hear things, remember. Boo. Hee Haw. Haters going to Hate. Oh! bye the way I don't have any chickens. I did have some eggs, bacon and toast for breakfast this morning. You people are funny. Why all this distrust and hate. The world is going to hell in a hand basket. Glad I'm not in the basket.

I've always been crazy but it kept me from going insane. I see and hear things that no one else does. Believe Bamba is coming, and I don't think it will be in June. If Diallo goes Johnson cometh. If Diallo stays Johnson may go but may cometh. Bamba he cometh. Why? I see and hear things, remember. Boo. Hee Haw. Haters going to Hate. Oh! bye the way I don't have any chickens. I did have some eggs, bacon and toast for breakfast this morning. You people are funny. Why all this distrust and hate. The world is going to hell in a hand basket. Glad I'm not in the basket.

I'm just saying it not 100 % that we get Bamba but I think we have a good chance. But over the years I have learned that young people change their minds really fast. (I did when I was their age.) I will be very happy if Bamba picks UK.

1. A team full of more talented freshmen lost 10 games in 2014 before figuring it out in March and making a run to the title game.

1. The 2014 class wasn't more talented if UK adds Bamba

if the 2015 team cant do it............. then we have 0% chance to do it with the current regime in the NCAA. Maybe if we get lucky and Barnhart or President Cap can get in charge of the NCAA..... but no way shape or form will a corrupt current regime allow the hated Wildcats to go 40-0

Reactions: Cat78Scot

If UK gets two of three between Bamba, Johnson, and Diallo then this team will be more talented than 13-14.

Yeah 14-15 didn't go 40-0 but they most likely would have against last year's field.

The 17-18 team likely loses six to eight regular season games in my opinion. As for fifth best we won't know until the season is over but most likely they will end up around there, which is still scary for opposing fans.

if the 2015 team cant do it............. then we have 0% chance to do it with the current regime in the NCAA. Maybe if we get lucky and Barnhart or President Cap can get in charge of the NCAA..... but no way shape or form will a corrupt current regime allow the hated Wildcats to go 40-0

But it wasn't that they "couldn't" do it. I mean if we ran that season over and over again thousands of times, some of them would have no doubt finished 40-0. It's the luck aspect again.

If a team can go 38-1 there is no reason to believe that same team couldn't have gone 40-0.

Reactions: Ukheadhunter
Here is the difference in 2014 and this team.(possibly)
In 2014 you had 1 real star player in Randle. The rest were highly talented freshman, but none had that ability to takeover a game like Randle. The 2010, 12, and 15 teams had multiple players who were special enough to takeover a basketball game.

This team will have two players, Bamba and Knox, that are legit superstars. I think in 2012, you had AD who could give you elite rim protection night in and out along with MKG who would lock down any player and give you 110%. When you had that every game, it was easy for the talented players could play their roles nicely and not have to figure out who was going to do what if something went wrong.

The difference in this year and past years with this talent, I dont see a team that looks dominant from a talent perspective that we should be afraid of this year. 2015 Wisconsin and Duke were always lurking and last year we knew about UNC and Kansas who could give our team trouble. With the depth/talent we will possibly have, I think we will be our own worst enemy instead of a matchup problem.

I don't get the hate about talking about 40-0 when the coach states that is one of his goals.

Even the 40-0 people I'm sure are well aware of the odds of that happening.

It still doesn't mean we shouldn't root for it.............or talk about it.
I like it. Of course, those saying we WILL go 40-0 are the one's that are delusional. I don't have a problem with having a goal to go undefeated. IMO, it just gives us something more to be excited about.

I like it. Of course, those saying we WILL go 40-0 are the one's that are delusional. I don't have a problem with having a goal to go undefeated. IMO, it just gives us something more to be excited about.

Exactly. Especially when the coach himself stated that being a goal.

I think there's a subset of fans that feel like talking about it somehow jinxes it from happening. I don't agree with that but I get it.

This will be the most talented and versatile team Cal has ever had at U.K. If he adds Bamba and Diallo comes back. It'll be the tallest, longest and overall most five star talent ever assembled.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT