ADVERTISEMENT

When do you think we will see the first billion dollar pro contract

Jun 23, 2024
I was watching the Giants Dodgers game last night and they were talking about how the Giants tried to sign both Judge and Ohtani and I got to thinking when will we see a player sign a billion dollar contract.

The amount of money in sports is absurd. I don’t think any of its good for any sport. But it’s coming and I would hate to be the player who had to perform under that kind of pressure.

Reactions: J_Dee
Yea I’d hate to be the player too. Would just loathe that much money and pressure. Probably need some rehab or therapy to deal.

Money doesn’t buy happiness. It buys comfort and I’ve known some ultra wealthy people who were comfortably miserable.

I’m just thinking people send death threats to players because they lost a few bucks on a game. Say Aaron Judge signed a billion dollar contract and just was above average and the Yankees were a middling team during the contract. I bet that would suck.

Money doesn’t buy happiness. It buys comfort and I’ve known some ultra wealthy people who were comfortably miserable.

I’m just thinking people send death threats to players because they lost a few bucks on a game. Say Aaron Judge signed a billion dollar contract and just was above average and the Yankees were a middling team during the contract. I bet that would suck.
I wouldn’t be worried about any death threats. Nobody ever really does it. And I’d just buy like 10M worth of security to follow me around.

We are really close to being there already. Ronaldo was paid $200 million last year to play in the Saudi soccer league. The next great younger player to come along could get a five year deal worth $1 Billion ($200 million per year).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT