ADVERTISEMENT

When and where did you go to college?

J_Dee

Junior
Mar 21, 2008
I've been using the quarantine to go revisit a lot of my undergraduate projects -- many of which I haven't looked at in well over a decade -- and I've subsequently been reminiscing a lot about my time at SCC and EKU in the late 1990s and early 2000s. It's evoked a lot of personal memories that I don't often revisit.

Anyway, any other SCC and/or EKU alum here? =)

UK Community College 1969-1971
UK 1971-1972
Morningside College Sioux City Iowa 1972-1973

UK 82 + UK 85

Grew up here in a different era where kids and their parents hire professional school advisors on where to go to school.

My college choice and tour of campuses came down to my parents telling me, "You want to go to college? UK is right up the street, have fun and work hard!"

Me too, major? Where did you live on campus?
Business Admin major.

Haggin Hall (B4)- freshman
Kirwan Tower (10th floor)- sophomore
Maxwell Street house - junior
Clifton Avenue house - senior

Reactions: Tskware
Kirwan Tower. Ahh. 6th floor facing low rises was just right. High enough to see through turned up blinds, low enough to get some depth into the rooms - women of course. We rented space to the perverts each night. When the hit on something, everyone yelled & banged on doors & grabbed binos. Binos were de rigour. Putting on bras were the best. Nude exercising was good too.

UK 97-2001

Kirwan II
The Commons (before it got hood)
Woodland Ave
East High Street
Transylvania and Euclid

Reactions: WayneDougan
LCC and UK Tayshaun and Chuck era.

These kids today just dont know what theyre missing out on with no K Lair...spicy chicken biscuit ftmfw.

Same goes for Tolly Ho being on Broadway. WTF. Tried going in twice after nightcaps for some cheddar tots and a ho burger...ghetto as **** in there. Did not have the same vibe at all.

LCC and UK Tayshaun and Chuck era.

These kids today just dont know what theyre missing out on with no K Lair...spicy chicken biscuit ftmfw.

Same goes for Tolly Ho being on Broadway. WTF. Tried going in twice after nightcaps for some cheddar tots and a ho burger...ghetto as **** in there. Did not have the same vibe at all.
I was there when the original Tolly Ho was on Winslow St. behind the old Kennedy Bookstore. It was a dump but we loved it.

I was there when the original Tolly Ho was on Winslow St. behind the old Kennedy Bookstore. It was a dump but we loved it.
Yes indeed. Always a seedy crowd there and always some kinda wildcard action but always a blast. I guess it was there for yeara and years. My dad went to UK in the 60s and it was there then. Im sure an old timer on here can tell us when it went up originally.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT