ADVERTISEMENT

Wheeler releases heartfelt statement to Kentucky fans

It is obvious that Cal is pushing these players out the door which should be the final proof needed to see that Cal is all about sending players to the NBA. If he was about winning, he would be looking at keeping someone around who has somewhat of a clue as to what he tries to coach. Yeah, I know that we will have 3 players possibly from this year but none of them saw much playing time and don't know enough to be helpful to incoming class.

Wheeler is an addition by subtraction.

And if he goes to Lewisville UK by 40 next season. Wagner will humiliate little guy.

I'll throw my take out there since everybody else has. I think the quitting/not showing up and argument happened. After some thought Wheeler realized how bad that was for his future. Cal agreed to cover for him because Cal really loves these kids. I think Senior Night was Cal saying hey you quit on us, you don't get to participate in Senior night but I won't out you or embarrass you. The tournament stuff I'm not sure, maybe the team took a vote.

Screw this clown along with Crapapari & their half-assed generic PR statements. Playing for Kentucky was "invaluable" for Suckir, so he decided to show that by quitting on the team and throwing a fit? Give me a break.

You can't fake real emotion. This is what players who really cared about UK looked like:
7gcr0c.jpg

7gcr4m.jpg

7gcril.jpg

If you think this freshman class is taking UK anywhere, you certainly weren't paying much attention to what happened in college basketball this season. Without success with the transfer portal, we will struggle to match this season's number of wins. These young kids are not ready to take on 4 and 5-year seniors.
Miller at Bama said hold my beer!! Or gun not sure!!

This is a fake ass note written by some PR guy and Wheeler doesn't give a damn about Kentucky or the fans. Brooks did the same thing with some warm note written by someone else when he left and there's no love lost for Kentucky there. It's mutual by the way. Wheeler is a quitter and good riddance. Tired of hearing about him already and people still trying to defend him kissing his ass. Thanks for nothing. Cal should have told him to go on ahead and leave midseason like with Quade. Missed out on players who could have helped Kentucky more the past 2 seasons like the guard for Texas than picking up sloppy seconds from Georgia. Showed his true love for Kentucky & the fans by not even acknowledging the program on Senior night.

Last edited:
Reactions: CROCAT
He will be Nowell2 at K State they will probably win it all next year. Tang and Wheeler might have a breakfast drink named after them!!

• Haha
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I feel like they think they were protecting Wheeler, but they’ve hurt him much more.

If what’s alleged is true, just have Cal come out and say “we had a disciplinary issue, and it’s been resolved. Sahvir understands the mistake he made, and because of that we as a team decided we want him to remain with the team. However, it is my decision that he will not play the rest of the year.”

Fans would be upset but ultimately understand. By showing he can be a mode citizen, he’d be welcome whenever he transfers.

But this whole “HES HURT! HE’S PRACTICING! HE JUST HAD A PROCEDURE DONE! NO WAIT HE COMING BACK! JUST KIDDING!” stuff makes no sense, breeds resentment, and hurts the player.
Any idea of his violation of team rules or whatever it was that hot him in trouble with Cal?

Some of you just insist on believing in conspiracy theories despite the
total lack of evidence. You just want an excuse to hate Wheeler. I wonder why.
Lmao why?! Maybe because he quit on his team? Dude, KSR said way back in February that they didn’t look for Wheeler to play again but didn’t give an explanation, for obvious reasons. He struck a transfer deal with another team all the way back in January/February.

Just because you’re naive doesn’t make some people bad people. Makes them realists. Conspiracy theories?! Bahahaha people like you are so easy to manipulate. What a clown.

It is obvious that Cal is pushing these players out the door which should be the final proof needed to see that Cal is all about sending players to the NBA. If he was about winning, he would be looking at keeping someone around who has somewhat of a clue as to what he tries to coach. Yeah, I know that we will have 3 players possibly from this year but none of them saw much playing time and don't know enough to be helpful to incoming class.
Sorry, but I don’t want Wheeler to show the new guys any ropes. Dude is a locker room cancer and just isn’t that good to boot. Dude isn’t a leader in any way, shape or form. Matter of fact, he’s the exact opposite of that. What’s wrong with some of you?! 🤦‍♂️

I take everything I hear at absolute face value! I can’t think for myself. I just follow the narrative set before me. DERP! 🤦‍♂️

Sorry, but I don’t want Wheeler to show the new guys any ropes. Dude is a locker room cancer and just isn’t that good to boot. Dude isn’t a leader in any way, shape or form. Matter of fact, he’s the exact opposite of that. What’s wrong with some of you?! 🤦‍♂️
There isn't a damn thing in my post about Wheeler. So, if you want a conversation about Wheeler, there are plenty of others who would love to have, it just isn't me.

Clearly I don't really know any of the players personally, but I was invited to an event with the team back before the season started. Everyone wasn't there, but a lot of the players were. Wheeler was extremely friendly and really enjoyed interacting with us fans. He had a very good sense of humor and loved joking around with everyone. I believe his comments about how he loved interacting with fans because I witnessed it first hand. I really think he had a blast that day. I have no idea what he is like outside of that setting, but he doesn't seem like a whinner or an entitled kind of person. My personal experience of spending a couple of hours around him makes it hard for me to believe he quit on the team, but I can't really know for sure.

That’s funny there. You defend him more than anyone on the board. 🤔
If you were responding to a post where I was defending Wheeler, your response would make more sense. Maybe you were so sure that I was defending Wheeler that you didn't bother to read the post and just went off on another one of your anti-Wheeler posts. Sure, I have defended Wheeler when he was on the team and I am proud of it. However, you need to own up to binging Wheeler into this discussion when I said nothing about him. I supported him while he was here. He is no longer here, so I no longer have a reason to support him or care what is said on this board about him as I am sure he doesn't care what is said. As I have previously stated, I am a fan of this team and whatever is good for the team. As for coaches and players, they come and go; it is the team that is the only constant even though we have a coach that is maintaining a death grip on his job. However, he too will eventually go.

Last edited:
Miller is a one-off this season and he folded like a cheap paper plate during the tourney when it mattered.
I think all this drama has weighed on him. So the wayu talk u wouldn’t take him. You realize 100% of all the coaches in the country would take this guy but u wouldn’t OK!!

I think all this drama has weighed on him. So the wayu talk u wouldn’t take him. You realize 100% of all the coaches in the country would take this guy but u wouldn’t OK!!
I am not sure where you got the notion that I wouldn't take him. I don't think that question was ever asked. My point is that college basketball is no longer a one-and-done dominated sport. As good as Miller is, he wasn't able to stand tall consistently in the tournament against the better teams that were led by juniors and seniors. As for the role that his situation might have had on him, I am in no position to address that and I really don't care because everyone has an excuse when they fail.

Last edited:
I am not sure where you got the notion that I wouldn't take him. I don't think that question was ever asked. My point is that college basketball is no longer a one-and-done dominated sport. As good as Miller is, he wasn't able to stand tall consistently in the tournament against the better teams that were led by junior and senior led teams.
The point is any player can have an off game. Our senior Reeves had 3 very good games and then he had a clinker. You can’t just make blanket statements. These next games some players may cool off. Each game has twists and turns. We don’t even know the health of these players. Don’t really think the sport has ever been freshman dominated.

The point is any player can have an off game. Our senior Reeves had 3 very good games and then he had a clinker. You can’t just make blanket statements. These next games some players may cool off. Each game has twists and turns. We don’t even know the health of these players. Don’t really think the sport has ever been freshman dominated.
It isn't a blanket statement. It is a blanket fact! How many freshmen led teams made it to the final 8? It is laughable that you would use Reeves to prove your point. Is Reeves even mentioned as a draft prospect? Reeves was never looked at as the leader of this team. The fact that he at times became the defacto leader is the reason this team greatly underachieved. Reeves, a senior, didn't led his team to enough victories, but plenty of other seniors continue leading their teams which is why they are in the final 4. You can't say that about any freshmen this season.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT