ADVERTISEMENT

Wheeler/Brooks led Washington

I’m pretty indifferent towards wheeler. He seemed like a nice enough kid but he did quit on his team after he got his ego bruised bad enough.

I’d like for Keion to do well. He just wasn’t progressing much here after 3 years. Don’t blame him for looking for a change.

Reactions: Fox2monk
We have some truly pathetic fans. Treat the kid like dirt when he's here and then treat him just as bad when he leaves. I still firmly believe he quit because of the treatment by our "fans". Not because he lost his starting spot.

We have some truly pathetic fans. Treat the kid like dirt when he's here and then treat him just as bad when he leaves. I still firmly believe he quit because of the treatment by our "fans". Not because he lost his starting spot.
Poor baby. Can’t handle criticism. Play poorly, expect it. Quit on your team, expect it. This is the real world. Kid is soft, and a quitter. I don’t feel bad for him at all. How the hell did he make it through high school?

27 for Wheeler the Quitter
It is very impressive that he scored almost half of their points, on 10-16 shooting, with 2-3 from three.
Teammates were shooting poorly, so he only had 2 assists, but he did have 6 turnovers.
He played 38 minutes. UCLA won 73-61.
All-in-all ... a very solid game, I think.

It is very impressive that he scored almost half of their points, on 10-16 shooting, with 2-3 from three.
Teammates were shooting poorly, so he only had 2 assists, but he did have 6 turnovers.
He played 38 minutes. UCLA won 73-61.
All-in-all ... a very solid game, I think.
Cool, they lost

Wheeler sucked get over it
Lots of players aren't that great. Most do not get treated like he did. We have had many, many, many players worse than Wheeler over the years who weren't treated even remotely that crappy.

What we say on a message board is irrelevant.

Now if people were being rude and hateful to Wheeler or any other player in person they are the scum of the earth.
You mean like booing him at Rupp? Or in DMs and mentions on social media.

You can see your way out any time then, there’s a school right down the road that might be more conducive to your soft mentality.
What? I'm a fan of the team. Why would I be a fan of the fans? Especially since so many of them are jerks.

What? I'm a fan of the team. Why would I be a fan of the fans? Especially since so many of them are jerks.
Nobody ever said anything about that. “Fan of the fans”…the hell you talking about? You do sound like a Nancy boy nice guy though.

• Haha
Wheeler…

I told you guys he didn’t have it from the get go. It’s the mind boggling cal recruit and why cal was enamored with wheeler you’d think he had something on cal.

Wheeler…

I told you guys he didn’t have it from the get go. It’s the mind boggling cal recruit and why cal was enamored with wheeler you’d think he had something on cal.

I was harsher on Wheeler than most while he was here but let’s not get carried away. Wheeler was better than a few other guards we’ve had under Cal.

Lots of players aren't that great. Most do not get treated like he did. We have had many, many, many players worse than Wheeler over the years who weren't treated even remotely that crappy.
What's the main thing you're talking about? Booing? I didn't participate in that but I understand it to a degree. Message board or Twitter/X griping? Find me a blue blood fanbase that isn't constantly acting pissy about everything online.

If something beyond those things happened that was much more extreme than the usual fishbowl experience of playing at UK maybe you'll change my mind. I'm genuinely willing to listen here.

I guess what I'm getting at is that it comes with the territory. If you sign with the Yankees you know New York people are going to absolutely shred you if you suck. If you go to play point guard at Kentucky or another blue blood you need to have the appropriate level of ability AND brass balls. Wheeler obviously didn't.

Last edited:
We ain’t for everybody dude. He quit. Move on

No, I have a much lower opinion of our fans than they do of themselves.
Why does every thread on this board degenerate into discussion of how bad our fans such. Why not discuss the topic at hand,but that wouldnt fix your agenda would it

Reactions: STL_Cat
Why does every thread on this board degenerate into discussion of how bad our fans such. Why not discuss the topic at hand,but that wouldnt fix your agenda would it
What's my agenda exactly? In this thread, it was to say that it made me sick how many fans treated Wheeler. Is that an agenda, I'm not sure? Are there people who actually defend some of the meanest things that were said about him when he was on our team? Is there anyone who would defend fans booing him at Rupp when he checked into games?

That was my initial point. But then people come on and reply and make it personal, so some of my responses were directed at that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT