ADVERTISEMENT

What's your prediction for the upcoming season, won-loss record & how far do we advance in the tournament?

I don’t think Kentucky beats you all, Dickinson will probably get 20 that game, I don’t think Kentucky has anybody to guard him
Are you saying Kansas has more talent?
Kansas has a new team too and they don't appear to have the outside shooting they have had the last few years.
Also, I thought Hunter was a team cancer? At least that's what I read on here when he chose KU over us.

When you say "why do you even bother watching… ", you are coming at me.

How can you possibly be surprised by my 12 loss prediction? Just how? I bet if I said last summer that our 22/23 team would end up losing 12 games and wouldn't make the sweet 16, you would say the exact same things to me.

Admit it, you would. That team had no business losing 12 games and losing to K-state, none, but it happened.

At some point, Cal has to prove he can win. I'm not going to play the role of Charlie Brown, no way, I'm not falling for it. Cal has to prove to me that he can actually beat good teams and win in the tournament.

But I gotta tell ya, I have big concerns here, this team is too young in my opinion. I think they could really struggle against experienced teams.
I’m not coming at you directly, I said it was a stupid comment, I just didn’t understand watching something that is bothering you, but it was a stupid comment from me

Are you saying Kansas has more talent?
Kansas has a new team too and they don't appear to have the outside shooting they have had the last few years.
Also, I thought Hunter was a team cancer? At least that's what I read on here when he chose KU over us.
If anybody on here attacked Dickinson and acted like they didn’t want him they are being hypocrites, I questioned the fit, but I would still have gladly welcomed him. On the game I expect it to be alot like the 2018 game vs Kansas, Kentucky will have moments but Kansas will have their upper class men make 2-3 more plays than Kentucky. But I can see Kentuckys freshman stepping up as well

I’m not coming at you directly, I said it was a stupid comment, I just didn’t understand watching something that is bothering you, but it was a stupid comment from me
Yeah, but doesn’t it bother you when you expect UK to win certain games and they lose those games?

To me, that is so much worse than lessening your expectations and admitting the reality of the situation and making your predictions based on that.

Either way, I'm still a UK fan, I'm just not a fan of John Calipari.

Anybody that puts the NBA draft and individual players above UK, doesn't deserve my respect.

He also used UCLA's interest as leverage to force Barnhart to give him a crazy raise. He’s a POS.

Yeah, but doesn’t it bother you when you expect UK to win certain games and they lose those games?

To me, that is so much worse than lessening your expectations and admitting the reality of the situation and making your predictions based on that.

Anybody that puts the NBA draft and individual players above UK, doesn't deserve my respect.

He also used UCLA's interest as leverage to force Barnhart to give him a crazy raise. He’s a POS.
How does leveraging a job opportunity/interest elsewhere into a pay raise/extension at your current job make one a POS?

I did the exact same thing back in 2019. Does that make me a POS? Or the millions of other ppl who have done that a POS?

If you want to be pissed at somebody for giving Cal that "lifetime" extension...look no further than the AD. Makes no sense to call Cal a POS because he was smart and leveraged one opportunity into an extension at his current job.

If you want to be mad about his results, have at it, but your scenario does not make one a POS...

It used to, but then i realized college sports aren’t worth getting mad or frustrated over, I want Kentucky to win every game but I’m not gonna let it affect me like it used to

It used to, but then i realized college sports aren’t worth getting mad or frustrated over, I want Kentucky to win every game but I’m not gonna let it affect me like it used to
Okay, but you're still buying the hype. You still think Cal (Lucy) won't yank the football away.

Me, no, I refuse to trust Lucy, until Lucy earns my trust back, until then, I'm going to use the very recent past to formulate my predictions. It seems foolish to use 10+ year old facts to apply to what is happening today.

Reactions: UKNothinButNet
Lol...good thing my current employer, ya know, the ones who actually made the decision to give me the raise, don't view me in the same light, as the tactic didnt seem to bother them in the slighetst...you come across as very naive.

Lol...good thing my current employer, ya know, the ones who actually made the decision to give me the raise, don't view me in the same light, as the tactic didnt seem to bother them in the slighetst...you come across as very naive.
Sorry bud, but your HS janitor position isn't as big of a deal as the head coach position at UK.

Okay, but you're still buying the hype. You still think Cal (Lucy) won't yank the football away.

Me, no, I refuse to trust Lucy, until Lucy earns my trust back, until then, I'm going to use the very recent past to formulate my predictions. It seems foolish to use 10+ year old facts to apply to what is happening today.
Fair enough, I get it, but he made the change to bring in Welch, so I’m gonna let it play out and see what happens

I will be shocked if Cal runs someone else's offense for the entire year.
Heck, I'll probably pass out if he runs Welch's offense beyond halftime of the Kansas game.
You can’t do dribble handoffs on the perimeter looking for mismatches all game, by now cal knows this, you gotta scheme guys open, reeves Edwards, find ways to get them open

Reactions: kyjeff1
On the contrary, it is very typical of many teams to be light years different than they were at the beginning of the year. For better or worse.

Don't think his post is pointing to an exception, as I could easily list so many teams across all sports who sucked at the beginning of the year but were playing like contenders year end, or vice versa.
Not for us. Losing to ranked teams early in the season is normally a bellweather for our performance in March. Nice try, though, Mr. White Knight.

Not for us. Losing to ranked teams early in the season is normally a bellweather for our performance in March. Nice try, though, Mr. White Knight.
2010-11 Uconn hammered UK in Maui, UK went to Final Four. 2013-2014, lost to MSU in champions classic, and to Baylor as well, went to championship. 2018-2019 got obliterated by Duke, were an OT away from Final Four. 2019-2020 UK lost to Evansville, Utah, and Oh St and would have been a two seed in tourney if it wasnt canceled. Those would not appear to be exceptions.

You never know how things can turn out in a season. I think we have all watched enough sports in our lives to know that.

Last edited:
And you don't think Calipari has had a single thing to do with your loss of enthusiasm?
Honestly, and I’m not attacking people for anything, because somebody will take offense, but I just realized sports are not the be all say all anymore, it was stupid how much I cared about them. I want Kentucky to win every game every time, but I don’t let it ruin my day anymore when they lose

Last edited:
2010-11 Uconn hammered UK in Maui, UK went to Final Four. 2013-2014, lost to MSU in champions classic, and to Baylor as well, went to championship. 2018-2019 got obliterated by Duke, were an OT away from Final Four. 2019-2020 UK lost to Evansville, Utah, and Oh St and would have been a two seed in tourney if it wasnt canceled. Those would not appear to be exceptions.

You never know how things can turn out in a season. I think we have all watched enough sports in our lives to know that.
You left out 2016, 2020, 2021, 2022, and 2023. Once again, you cherrypick certain years instead of looking at the mountain of evidence. My point is proven.

You left out 2016, 2020, 2021, 2022, and 2023. Once again, you cherrypick certain years instead of looking at the mountain of evidence. My point is proven.
You may want to look up the definition of an exception....would definitely not fit with all the examples I am giving.

You may want to look up the definition of an exception....would definitely not fit with all the examples I am giving.
You cherrypicked. Deal with it. If you were discussing in good faith you would have listed each year and categorized accordingly. Just stop. You're not good at this.

You cherrypicked. Deal with it. If you were discussing in good faith you would have listed each year and categorized accordingly. Just stop. You're not good at this.
So MD gives you an example of our 2018-19 team that gets blown out by Duke, but proceeds to be an OT away from going to final four...you say exception proves the rule fallacy.

So I give four examples of when UK had poor losses in the non con, but then turned it around as the season went on, and finished as a contender, as proof that early season losses or wins are often not a good barometer of how the season will go, which is 100% true across every single sport ever.

Your only response is that I am cherrypicking and to deal with it. In addition to looking up the definition of exception, I would also advise you to look up the definition of cherrypicking. Looks like you are 0/2 my friend.

There are countless examples of UK having very poor early season showings and bouncing back to have good seasons.

Clemson in '96 in OT to 10+ loss team....lost in NC game '97

Arizona in '97 by 15....won NCAAT '98

Pittsburgh in '98 by 10+, UofL by 10+....went to EE in '99

Virginia in '02 by 10+, UoL by near 20....went to EE in '03

There are more....plenty

Reactions: mcnicKY91
WTF does being an NBA player have to do with winning in college? Have you learned nothing? Cal has NBA players every year and he’s been getting his ass kicked by dudes that will be working at Arby's once the season is over.

NBA potential means zilch in college and while Reeves and CJ aren't going to play in the pros, they are exceptional shooters in college and last I checked, UK is a COLLEGE basketball program.

As far as your comment about me even bothering to watch, wow man, that’s some bullshit right there. I made a prediction based on what I have seen out of Cal the last few years + our youth + the older teams we will be playing. Just because Cal has dragged this program into the dirt, doesn't mean I stop being a fan.

You’re on here every day, you have seen me post and you know I'm all about UK and I'm disgusted at Cal for turning UK into a farm system and embarrassing us, all so he can brag about the kids he put in the league.

You think I'm happy that I think we're going to go 24-12??? Not on your life.

It’s sad how CCC has split our program into ‘NBA-only’ fans who care as much or more about the NBA than they do about college basketball. And they can’t see it to save their lives. Always making excuses for our record and the coach.

Pathetic.

Who you play in the NCAAT matters doesn’t it? In 2019, our toughest games were Wofford and a much smaller Houston team. It wasn't exactly murderers row.

However, those runs in 2011 and 2014 were incredible. Cal pulled the right strings, but we also had players that made incredible plays.

It comes down to simply being hot at the right time, but you have to help yourself by not doing so bad in the regular season that you get a bad seed.

Going to the title game as an 8 seed is not something you’re going to see very often.

It’s sad how CCC has split our program into ‘NBA-only’ fans who care as much or more about the NBA than they do about college basketball. And they can’t see it to save their lives. Always making excuses for our record and the coach.

Pathetic.

Anyone that uses the phrase CCC is just as blinded by hate of Cal as a homer/pumper is by their excuse making for him.

The reality (key word) is that Cal has failed when he hasn't had elite talent. When he has elite talent it is unquestionable that he is the best at helping that young, elite talent play as a team.

This team has elite talent. They have shot blockers.

I will eat crow if I am wrong but I expect them to be really good and if they and if they not, I highly doubt he ever wins at a high clip again here.

Who you play in the NCAAT matters doesn’t it? In 2019, our toughest games were Wofford and a much smaller Houston team. It wasn't exactly murderers row.

However, those runs in 2011 and 2014 were incredible. Cal pulled the right strings, but we also had players that made incredible plays.

It comes down to simply being hot at the right time, but you have to help yourself by not doing so bad in the regular season that you get a bad seed.

Going to the title game as an 8 seed is not something you’re going to see very often.
Yep...I don't think anyone would disagree with that. UK has been performing well below average in the the big out of conference games over the past 3-4 yrs.

That has to change this year. UK can't afford to go into March looking at a 6-8 seed...as those early season out of conference matchups are big for seeding.

My prediction is that we go 28-9 & lose in the Sweet-16

Our strengths are
1. - UK has great height 6'9, 6'9, 6'11, 7'0, 7'2
2.- We're 2 deep at every position
3.- Our roster has probably at least 7 future NBA players

Our weakness are
1. - A extremely young team 8 freshmen & 2 inexperience sophomores
2.- All underweight guys at the 4 & 5 spots
3.- A head coach that has his players playing as tight as a banjo string at tournament time
It is not the players that you need to worry about....take a look at Cal's record against good teams the past 8 years.....now that is what you need to worry about.

Anyone that uses the phrase CCC is just as blinded by hate of Cal as a homer/pumper is by their excuse making for him.

The reality (key word) is that Cal has failed when he hasn't had elite talent. When he has elite talent it is unquestionable that he is the best at helping that young, elite talent play as a team.

This team has elite talent. They have shot blockers.

I will eat crow if I am wrong but I expect them to be really good and if they and if they not, I highly doubt he ever wins at a high clip again here.
Duh, it is not the coach that the fans are PISSED about....it is his F***ing record the past 8 years. This is KENTUCKY by the way and we are suppose to be "the gold standard" just ask Cal. If you really believe we are still the gold standard then welcome to fantasy land.

On the coach? You do realize Cals NCAA tournament record for his career is insanely good.

That's just a narrative about having his teams tight. A lot of that is dependent upon personalities of players, etc.

You don't think BBN causes any tightness? Lol
The BBN was around when Rick Pitino was coaching here and his teams didn't play tight at tournament time.

Duh, it is not the coach that the fans are PISSED about....it is his F***ing record the past 8 years. This is KENTUCKY by the way and we are suppose to be "the gold standard" just ask Cal. If you really believe we are still the gold standard then welcome to fantasy land.

None of what you said has anything to do with what I said.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT