ADVERTISEMENT

What's Coach Pope's pitch to come here?

dcw62

Sophomore
Oct 4, 2005
Lexington,Ky
The man is killing it in the transfer portal and I'm wondering what he's telling these guys to come here, the times have changed since I started following UK and they came here for the University and now that NIL has come into play, that's a factor also..

According to the Kyle Tucker article, I think Pope driving to Bowling Green to pick up Carr and family in the middle of the night personally when their flight was diverted to Nashville. He dropped them off at the hotel in Lexington at 4 am. Things like that go a long way and make a huge impression on people. At least it did for them.

Your wrong and to think like that spits on everyone in the BBN. You dont have 30,000 in Rupp for a press conference from people that think like you. I dont think Pope is looking for whores that go to the highest bidder
Fans can think that the players play for the name on the front. Players, the majority of which will finish playing in college, will look to get whatever money they can while playing. Anyone in their shoes would including you and me. The only exception would be players like Reed and Travis Perry. Even if they don’t play pro ball for long, they will be set for life in this state and have no issues getting high paying jobs because of their name.

Reactions: Zissou87
Your wrong and to think like that spits on everyone in the BBN. You dont have 30,000 in Rupp for a press conference from people that think like you. I dont think Pope is looking for whores that go to the highest bidder
Well, then I apologize to BBN. I'm sure the players on the current roster came here strictly because of the fanbase and tradition.

It’s both money and culture. If all things are equal players will still want to play in a family like culture where they feel like they can be themselves. Will they play for free to be in that culture in todays world? Of course not, but they might play for 70-90% if their full value to play somewhere they like. Things like driving to pick up a player and his family in the middle of the night are the types of things that show others you do really care about them, much more so that recruiting them and just saying, “you are a priority to us and we will treat you like my own kid” coach speak that everyone says.

Damn Right!!!

The man is killing it in the transfer portal and I'm wondering what he's telling these guys to come here, the times have changed since I started following UK and they came here for the University and now that NIL has come into play, that's a factor also..
It's in a safe deposit box with the KFC recipe.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT