ADVERTISEMENT

Whatever the spread is for the Orange Bowl. Take Georgia!

It proves culture matters. Kirby learned this lesson against Texas in the 2019 Sugar Bowl. That loss changed our program.
Not really. Beating up on a kid that doesn't fight back doesn't mean you're the neighborhood bad ass.

Smartest person on this board, after we were screwed out of the playoff what benefit does our 1st round draft picks get from playing in a meaningless game.

What can you expect when you have a team of one year mercenaries, they likey would have sat out the playoffs too. But whine and cry, Kirby took pity on you, played kids who hadn't played much all year the 2nd have and still beat FSU 20-0. Of course it's because they were wore down right? But what is really funny is FSU writers and fans said the defense would keep score respectable and give FSU a chance late.

But some advice, when and if FSU gets out of the ACC, might want to consider the Sunbelt conference, too soft for SEC or even the Big.

Not really. Beating up on a kid that doesn't fight back doesn't mean you're the neighborhood bad ass.
We were playing to a standard, which is part of our culture. What were we supposed to do? We were missing several players as well. This wasn't a neighborhood fight so that's a bad analogy. It's a billion+ dollar business.
What should we have done differently in your opinion?

Edit: Think about this, 2 years ago FSU wasn't even bowl eligible after their 4th straight losing season and now they have guys opting out of one of the most prestigious bowl games in history. They have a culture issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: DocPT
We were playing to a standard, which is part of our culture. What were we supposed to do? We were missing several players as well. This wasn't a neighborhood fight so that's a bad analogy. It's a billion+ dollar business.
What should we have done differently in your opinion?

Edit: Think about this, 2 years ago FSU wasn't even bowl eligible after their 4th straight losing season and now they have guys opting out of one of the most prestigious bowl games in history. They have a culture issue.
I'm just saying that the win doesn't mean as much as you think it does. Kinda like our win vs. Louisville.

If you can watch UGA this year and still think they aren’t a top-4 team, then I don’t know what to tell you. The eye test says they are better than both UW and UM and I’d bet it would be even money if they played Texas or Bama.

If you can watch UGA this year and still think they aren’t a top-4 team, then I don’t know what to tell you. The eye test says they are better than both UW and UM and I’d bet it would be even money if they played Texas or Bama.
What's the common denominator of the 4 in the playoffs?

I'm just saying that the win doesn't mean as much as you think it does. Kinda like our win vs. Louisville.
It may not nationally and that's fine, but inside the program that was a huge win for the team and for the culture of the program. 2024 should be fun!
I don't understand your dismissal of your Louisville win. Rivalry games matter. It's part of the beauty of college football.

Edit: recruiting wise this win was important to UGA from a recruiting standpoint. We're going head to head with FSU more and more now.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigTyrone and Hjack
It may not nationally and that's fine, but inside the program that was a huge win for the team and for the culture of the program. 2024 should be fun!
I don't understand your dismissal of your Louisville win. Rivalry games matter. It's part of the beauty of college football.
You seem like a top notch poster. If you are happy with the win, that's good enough for me. I'm happy to beat Louisville but it means more when they aren't a whipping boy. It's more fun when their fans lose it.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
You seem like a top notch poster. If you are happy with the win, that's good enough for me. I'm happy to beat Louisville but it means more when they aren't a whipping boy. It's more fun when their fans lose it.
Don’t really know what your argument is here . Georgia played the cards they were dealt . FSU bitched up and quit before the game was even played. Both had arguments that they should have been in the playoffs. Which do you think is the correct way to handle it ?

I know what you mean. It's more fun beating Georgia Tech when it really hurts sending their fans into an off season of depression... but I enjoy each and every win, especially the older I get.
As an outsider, I would have thought that's exactly what you did to Louisville this year, beating them in Papa John's with them getting ready to go to Charlotte. You zapped any momentum they had heading into the ACC Championship.
Thanks for the civil disagreement and hospitality I always find here. Good luck to y'all next year except Sept 14th in Lexington.

Reactions: BigTyrone
I know what you mean. It's more fun beating Georgia Tech when it really hurts sending their fans into an off season of depression... but I enjoy each and every win, especially the older I get.
As an outsider, I would have thought that's exactly what you did to Louisville this year, beating them in Papa John's with them getting ready to go to Charlotte. You zapped any momentum they had heading into the ACC Championship.
Thanks for the civil disagreement and hospitality I always find here. Good luck to y'all next year except Sept 14th in Lexington.
Ugh. Don't remind us. Good luck to you all too. I'm sure you will be a favorite to win it all with the expanded playoff.

FSU not only lost Roddemaker, the backup QB to the portal. They will be missing 15 starting players on offense and defense. That includes their QB and top 3 receivers. They already has a hard time scoring. We all know Georgia would dominate anyway. When it comes to depth it’s no contest. Curious if anyone else had seen this.
vbbnb.jpg

Ronnie-Milsap-Theres-No-Getting-Over-Me.jpg

stevie-wonder.jpg

No it shows the difference in a winning program. Ppl keep talking about the opt outs and dont see the point they're actually making.

UGA, who's won two titles in a row, obviously had a let down season losing to Bama and not making the playoff....NONE or barely any of their players opted out when they could have.

If Bama didn't make the playoff, their guys wouldn't have opted out either.

FSU had a chance to show they belong...they all quit.

No it shows the difference in a winning program. Ppl keep talking about the opt outs and dont see the point they're actually making.

UGA, who's won two titles in a row, obviously had a let down season losing to Bama and not making the playoff....NONE or barely any of their players opted out when they could have.

If Bama didn't make the playoff, their guys wouldn't have opted out either.

FSU had a chance to show they belong...they all quit.
Belong where? In 5th place? I see why they did what they did. How many times do you get a chance to play for a championship? To have that taken away would leave a bad taste in anyone's mouth. I dont blame them. Kind of a middle finger to Espn.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT