ADVERTISEMENT

What would be your question or comment to Cal tonight if you got through????

Why not play and develop Theiro and Onyenso more, so they can be contributing by March?
When Theiro is in, as wild as he plays, still more good things happen than bad.
And Onyenso does something well that this team needs, something that all of 'your' best teams have (shot blocking).

Next caller: Do you waste your money like UK is wasting its money on you? Second ? If I could.. Does it bother you that the team don't listen to you when you scream move it or runnnnn

How many more major titles will Djokovic have than the Bald Left-Handed Butt-Picker when it’s all said and done, “Coach”?

Last edited:
Reactions: ukcat27
1. Why do you not take dead ball out of bounds plays serious on offense or defense?
2. Why doesn’t your best scorer start - yet we continue to struggle early in games
3. Why is 2 foul & set a absolute- can we not trust a player
4. What has Thiero done in practice that makes you not play him because he’s a stud in the games
5. Do you know what a hard hedge is and if so can we try it on pick & rolls - you know the other 3 guys are allowed to help on defense

I would seriously like for a reporter to push him on losing two AAs in 3 -4 years after just one year of limited time here. Huggins got a lot of questions about Oscar last year, Cal has had two.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
Go ahead Virgil, you're on with Coach Cal.
Virgil - Uh yeah, um, this is . . . hello? . . . yeah, this is Virgil from over in Beaverlick, KY, and . . . hello?
Cal - Yes, Virgil, go ahead. I'm here.
Virgil - Yeah, er, this is Virgil from over in Beaverlick, KY, and I'm a big UK fan. I go way back before the Fiddlin' Five won it all in 1958. Heck, I can even remember when Hagan and Ramsey played on that great '54 team. And one night in 1969 I got Art Laib's autograph. Uh . . . anyway, I was just wondering: how many minutes is Richie gonna play against Florida?
Cal - (his head explodes)
Virgil - Coach Cal? Hello? You still there Coach?

I got through...Billy the producer said I was third in line...I told him I would never get on and I hung up...glad I did

"The Benny lineup is undefeated so far this year when played for more than just a half. Why do you insist on playing a lesser lineup when even fans can see it?"

Coach,
The regular and Post season play is boring and I know you cannot wait until your home with the dogs fulltime. But on to important things, do you know the date of the NBA draft aka the greatest night in UK basketball history?

Reactions: wildcatwelder
Is it true that you told Ellen to have “wait til next year” engraved on your headstone?
And why didn’t you ever learn anything other than man to man defense ( excluding pick and roll).

Last edited:
"What makes you think that guys like Ugonna and Thiero couldn't have used some minutes early on to have them ready for Feb/March?"

And I mean that as respectful question, but also asking the question literally and pointed. Is there a reason why Cal thought these guys couldn't help us, and what is it? And if it's "well I need more minutes for Wheeler/Toppin" then that's not the right answer.
Spot on…but he wouldn’t answer that question. It doesn’t fit his narrative. I believe that has been asked directly and indirectly enough without any answer. You ask a fair question though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT