Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.6%

• Total voters

Creed Bratton

All-American
May 31, 2018
Lex Town
There were some good ones I remember watching growing up but which is your favorite? There's too many to name so if you don't see your favorite select other and post the name below.

Cheers and married with children are still great today.

I met Marcy at Scarefest once and I told her how much I loved married with children when I was a kid. She went ‘you’re really young, you must have had some really cool parents’

Damn straight I did 😎

Of those listed, Married With Children is my favorite.

I know it’s technically a late 70s, early 80s show, but I loved Diff’rent Strokes as a kid.
Yeah there were some that spanned a couple of decades like Mash and Seinfeld that I debated putting on the list but were only partly in the 80's and the majority in another decade so I left them off.

Reactions: MegaBlue05
WKRP in Cincinnati ended in 82 so that.

Wkrp In Cincinnati Thanksgiving GIF

Of those you listed, I enjoyed Family Ties the most. I also loved Growing Pains which isn't even listed.

Three's Company is my favorite all-time sitcom, and I guess you could technically classify it as either 70s or 80s since it spent about an equal number of years in each decade.

Family Matters should probably be considered a 1990s sitcom. Of the 9 seasons it ran, 8.5 of them were originally aired during the 1990s.

Mash? Was it 80's? watched it over and over on reruns. LOL... 3 freaking channels.

Impossible to choose between Cheers, Cosby, and Family Ties. I always considered Family Matters a 90's sitcom, same as Full House even though they both began in the 80's.

Small Wonder wasn't a favorite but I appreciated a show being super weird and creepy all at once.

There just aren’t any good sitcoms anymore. Everything now on weeknights in Prime Time are either reality or trash tv. Back in the day, those 2-4 23 minute shows each night provided some high quality entertainment. I love sports but there is always a damn ballgame on too. Bring back sitcoms!

Of the ones not listed, have to throw Different Strokes in the mix. Way ahead of its time. Old rich white dude adopting 2 black kids. Damn Todd Bridges had to go and mess it up. Can't have nothing.

Reactions: hmt5000
Cheers, followed by Married...With Children (I watched the entire run) and Three's Company (the first sitcom I really liked). Taxi gets an honorable mention.

Taxi. Can never find it in syndication.

Paramount+.

YouTube has some highlights.

Last edited:
Reactions: FirewithFire
Cheers, Cosby, and Married with children. I liked Night Court too. The new one isn't terrible, fwiw.

My, how times have changed.

Simpson's debuted December 17, 1989. Watching tonight's episode as I type this post.

I missed pretty much all US Sitcoms during 80s and 90s due to military service. Majority of my time spent either overseas or deployed somewhere. Remember watching some reruns over AFN during 90s.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT