What UK loss shattered you?

1. 2015 Wisconsin
2. 1992 Duke
3. 1993 Michigan
4. 1997 Arizona
5. 2017 UNC

Honorable mention:
2014 Uconn, 2003 Marquette, 2010 WVU, 2004 UAB, 2019 Auburn

Mine are all the last loss of the year. Regular season losses don’t bother me after a couple hours after the game is over.

Wisconsin game broke everyone and we haven't recovered yet,but everyone knows the CL shot was the only 1 that matters. We are Kentucky guys we will always have big losses and Heartbreakers. When we reach that peak again it's important to remember and take it all in.

Wisconsin game broke everyone and we haven't recovered yet,but everyone knows the CL shot was the only 1 that matters. We are Kentucky guys we will always have big losses and Heartbreakers. When we reach that peak again it's important to remember and take it all in.
Ironic that a non-final four or final game loss is the one that kills our collective soul.

Reactions: BGCATFAN2012
All losses suck. But I'm not shattered by any of them. It's a game it's entertainment. You get shattered by family or friend having medical issues or if they die.
I haven't been shattered by my sports teams losing since I was like 12 years old.

75 loss to ucla finals
84 loss to Georgetown
77 loss to North Carolina
92 loss to Duke
97 loss to Arizona
2015 loss to Wisconsin
My top 6
Honorable mention
83 loss to louisville dirk minniefield I think threw the game because he was at odds with Joe hall and missed a absolute wide open lay up threw it over the rim uncontested too could have dunked it too
70 loss to Jacksonville
Last game for Dan issel and Mike Pratt Mike Casey should have been on that team had a bad car wreck in Shelbyville broke his leg bad never was the same scoring machine UK wins number 5 if Casey was there also artis Gilmore played for Jacksonville I cried was 7 yrs old

Last edited:
Reactions: catben
All losses suck. But I'm not shattered by any of them. It's a game it's entertainment. You get shattered by family or friend having medical issues or if they die.
I haven't been shattered by my sports teams losing since I was like 12 years old.
giphy.gif

Reactions: kats23
83 loss to louisville dirk minniefield I think threw the game because he was at odds with Joe hall and missed a absolute wide open lay up threw it over the rim uncontested too could have dunked it too
I'd like to see a video of that. Have never heard that conspiracy theory before.

Reactions: CatFanInIlliniLand
I knew someone would piss on this topic with this nonsense.

Easily the Laettner game.

For me it was the 2015 Final 4 game, I remember it like it was yesterday. That team was special, when they lost I was never the same after that. It broke me into a million pieces..
For everyone it’s the 2015 game shouldn’t have to ask

Reactions: susan2361
I'd like to see a video of that. Have never heard that conspiracy theory before.
Jock Sutherland despised Joe hall so bad over the way he used dirk minniefield there is no proof but if you do get a chance to see it you would understand why that theory is out there

I guess my top 5 are:
5.1984 G-town
4. 1975 UCLA
3. 1970 Jacksonville
2. 2015 Wisconsin
1. 1966 Texas western

#3 and #2 are a toss-up for me, 2015 we were on the verge of history and 1970 the Issel, Pratt and Casey team was one for the ages, especially with Cawood calling the games.

1966, the Runts, we will never see their like again. It is so sad that the media created racial issue cast a shadow on that team.

The years of Claude Sullivan and Cawood Ledford were so special to me. There will come a time that no one will be around who heard those 2 do UK games. Some of history will be lost when that happens. I wish I could put into words what they meant to countless kids across Kentucky on cold winter nights. It will have to suffice that I understand it now better than I did then. What a privilege it was

2014 UCONN. It was a sure title if we win. Same with 97. I'd argue beating uconn n 2011 was as close to a sure title as well as butler wasn't as good n 2011.

I doubt Vegas and the refs allow UK to beat Duke in 2015. Just IMO. Still a gut wrenching loss.

1. 2015 Wisconsin- ive never cared as much since after this loss
2. 2014 UConn- roommate was a UCONN fan, pure hell
3. 2004 UAB- my sister worked at a movie rental place and I watched it there, 13 years old, I was devastated

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT